1 ... 3 4 5
wspohn
wspohn New Reader
9/7/09 5:32 p.m.

Amazing that we should have so similar car interests.

I won't waste any more space here posting pics, but if you are interested, see Cars and

More Cars

wspohn
wspohn New Reader
9/11/09 8:19 p.m.

Did the GMPP turbo reflash.

Now pulling 20 psi of boost and as it relearns it will probably go higher. That extra 80 ft-lbs just makes you want more!!

Cotton
Cotton Reader
9/16/09 10:20 a.m.

Our new GXP coupe finally came in and we picked it up last night! We traded our 07 GXP convertible in for it. The coupe is definitely a keeper. I'll get some pictures when it stops raining.

wspohn
wspohn New Reader
9/17/09 6:52 p.m.

In reply to Cotton:

Well done! What colour?

And isn't backing up a real pain (but something you live with)?

My coupe is going in for new struts, frame reinforcements, and sway bars next week. New alignment after everything settles in.

The new GMPP tune (the 290 BHP one) is realy nice - I recommend it - get it before they discontinue it!

ritroman
ritroman
9/22/09 3:27 p.m.

In reply to Cotton:I bought one of the last 2009 yellow Sky Red Line in Pennsylvania last month. Thus far I tweaked the engine and suspension. I did the GMPP tune and replaced the stock coilovers and dropped the height ¾” also replaced the stock backbone sheet metal with a ridged backbone plate from DDMworks. With these tweaks, the car now handles as good or betters then my 2006 Corvette coupe (corners great). The styling is dead on. It gets allot of positive comments. The car is stunning and will build. Same basic frame design as the Corvette and it has an excellent engine. The Chassis is hydro formed main tube rails not unibody construction. The 2.0 turbo can pull some serious torque. The race car guys at Phoenix Performance in Pennsylvania race 2 of the GXP's they tell me they can easily get 15 to 25 percent more power out of the engine over and above the GMPP Tune with no changes to hardware. They claim about 400 fl lbs of torque and around 325 HP from stock setup. They have been racing the solstice and GXP for several years with success. It is a shame GM is done with this car. I read that GM was losing $10k per car sold because of the high cost of building the chassis and limited production issues. I hope Roger Pensky the new owner of Saturn could find some way to keep it going

Cotton
Cotton HalfDork
9/22/09 3:46 p.m.

In reply to wspohn:

It's black with black leather and red stitching. I actually already have the tune, but haven't installed it yet. The plan is to get through break in, then dyno the car stock. Afterwards I'll have the kit installed, then dyno again after a few hundred miles. Hopefully the results will be very good! Our stock GXP convertible (the one we traded in) put down 221HP/219TQ to the wheels. I'll be using the same dyno, so the coupe should be right around that before the tune and hopefully quite a bit more after!

Backing up is interesting with the coupe, but I do like the extra headroom and storage space.

wspohn
wspohn New Reader
9/23/09 9:58 p.m.

Please do post your dyno figures when you get around to doing that!

wspohn
wspohn New Reader
10/22/09 5:55 p.m.

Bump for dyno numbers?

1 ... 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RATOGiNcsg1tvkIi0EoFpW7SlqdjgL2nuwEjFnrG6DPGWacbblir2IGKz2PCYgMh