1 2
frenchyd
frenchyd MegaDork
3/17/23 7:09 p.m.
Toyman! said:

In reply to frenchyd :

Dude, the entire point of this thread was to discuss an engine swap. I was far enough off topic for suggesting an LS instead of the TT 4.8 in the OP. If you believe swaps are a waste of time, why are you in here wasting precious internet bandwidth? 

For the last 6-8 months your posts have been getting further and further from the topics at hand and more and more bizarre. If you are taking any meds, have your doctor check them. I'm worried you are being overdosed. 

Please go back and reread the OP. 
particularly the last two sentences. 

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
3/17/23 7:10 p.m.
californiamilleghia said:

I remember a street rod that had a 928  V8 in it , but that was in the 90s

OT, a friend of mine made a street rod with an Alfa Montreal V8 in it.  

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/17/23 7:46 p.m.

I've seen v8 cayenne engines in 987.1 cars. A good friend of mine worked at Vision Motorsports and the owner gave me a tour of their cars. There were at least 2 987.1 v8's running. 

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/17/23 7:46 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
nlevine said:

In reply to dps214 :

The 928 was available with a manual transmission.

FINDING a manual trans, though, is not simple.  Manual trans production rates were C4 Corvette-like, maybe even lower, and Porsche made far fewer 928s than Chevy made Corvettes.  Worldwide production of 928s from the late 70s to 1995 is only a little more than the production of 1984 Corvettes.

I can get you a running v8 manual 928. If you're serious. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/17/23 8:35 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

I don't want one.  I can barely fit in one enough to drive around town.  The rear A/C blows right in my ear.

TBH were I six inches shorter and able to drive one comfortably, I'd rather have an auto, for the same reasons I'd want an auto in an 850i.  I mean, it is the kind of car that has rear A/C after all...

mblommel
mblommel GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/17/23 9:37 p.m.

In reply to Trent :

Oh wow, so C5 swap it is!

On the other hand I wonder how big the tunnel is... probably too small for regular transmission. 

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/18/23 7:20 a.m.

Your twin turbo Porsche 928 is ready. Calloway apparently built at least one. 

https://barnfinds.com/callaway-twin-turbo-1984-porsche-928-s/

stroker
stroker PowerDork
8/29/23 5:58 p.m.

Quick! It's a MANUAL, not an automatic! NMNA

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
8/29/23 8:30 p.m.

I run into a person at the local shows that has an LS swap  in a 928 using the vette torque tube and transmission grafted into the Porsche rear suspension cradle. Looks like it was born in there and  he claims none of it was rocket science once he figured out the length mods on the torque tube.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yCY2qLB0Idc2dmNejeTiHozFcs8OtiVF0C13zGURcgJj9iLftcMra6vyoC7MpVq8