1 2
SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid PowerDork
3/5/15 4:22 p.m.

84FSP
84FSP Reader
3/5/15 4:30 p.m.

So it's really stanced cars causing the crude oil unit train crashes?

failboat
failboat UltraDork
3/5/15 4:33 p.m.

Bags are for groceries bro. Static for life.

One less bloated camry and for that we should be thankful.

(I still like stance though. )

Will
Will SuperDork
3/5/15 4:37 p.m.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UltimaDork
3/5/15 4:37 p.m.

There are people who properly engineer stance cars. Unfortunately they are few and far between. Look on the bright side, one less turdbota cluttering up the roads

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
3/5/15 5:02 p.m.

I hit a spike sticking up while driving a 79 T/A at 40mph. Ripped off the front sway, right exhaust manifold, bottom portion of the transmission, transmission cross member, emergency brake cables, right muffler and the rear sway.

I can totally see getting stuck on one if you are just creeping along not carrying enough speed to rip the entire bottom of your car off.

kanaric
kanaric Dork
3/5/15 5:35 p.m.

lmfao what a complete moron.

gamby
gamby UltimaDork
3/5/15 7:42 p.m.

If you want to go that low, bag the damn thing.

That train demonstrated the point of diminishing returns in being that low static. What a dope.

I wonder if his insurance company will cover the loss.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/5/15 7:44 p.m.

On the bright side: One fewer stanced car on the road.

Now, if only there was a way for lifted brodozers to get stuck on railroad tracks.

LuxInterior
LuxInterior Reader
3/5/15 8:16 p.m.
Nick_Comstock wrote: I can totally see getting stuck on one if you are just creeping along not carrying enough speed to rip the entire bottom of your car off.

From now on my rail crossings will be done at WOT!.. because safer?

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/5/15 8:24 p.m.
LuxInterior wrote:
Nick_Comstock wrote: I can totally see getting stuck on one if you are just creeping along not carrying enough speed to rip the entire bottom of your car off.

If they are elevated tracks, you can usually find the speed where you jump over the tracks and land cleanly on the other side.

I knew of one where that speed was only 60mph. Used to take a longish detour home from work just so I could jump it.

irish44j
irish44j PowerDork
3/5/15 9:31 p.m.
Knurled wrote: On the bright side: One fewer stanced car on the road. Now, if only there was a way for lifted brodozers to get stuck on railroad tracks.

This. They're far more obnoxious than stance crew. Stance crew drives slow and does their thing. Brodozers always need to be up on your bumper or rolling coal at the stoplight.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/5/15 9:39 p.m.

True.. stancers are generally harmless.

mr2peak
mr2peak GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/5/15 9:48 p.m.

One of my friends is a "Stance Kid".

Now he's a test driver for Tesla. Still drives a slammed Golf haha

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/5/15 10:49 p.m.
Knurled wrote: Now, if only there was a way for lifted brodozers to get stuck on railroad tracks.

Low bridges. See 11 foot 8.com

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic PowerDork
3/6/15 12:07 a.m.
Knurled wrote:
LuxInterior wrote:
If they are elevated tracks, you can usually find the speed where you jump over the tracks and land cleanly on the other side. I knew of one where that speed was only 60mph. Used to take a longish detour home from work just so I could jump it.

There's a RR crossing by my parents house like that, in my old POS 98 Mitsubishi Mirage ("The 'rage") with completely blown shocks if you really pushed the car and came out of the corner leading up to it at the top of 3rd (~60mph) it would land hard enough the CD player skipped the rest of the way home. The crossing was really messed up at the time, so hitting it at 40 was almost as bad.

novaderrik
novaderrik UltimaDork
3/6/15 3:06 a.m.

this wouldn't have happened if he would have put a full length skidplate under it..

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave MegaDork
3/6/15 6:02 a.m.

Yeah! berkeley those stupid kids who modify their cars!!!!

I swear this place might as well be the old folks home sometimes.

JtspellS
JtspellS SuperDork
3/6/15 6:37 a.m.

No issues with slammed kids, but this just goes to show if it's worth doing, do it right!

unevolved
unevolved SuperDork
3/6/15 6:56 a.m.

Even if he was a stance kid, that still sucks.

tuna55
tuna55 UltimaDork
3/6/15 7:31 a.m.

You guys are placing an awful lot of blame without once even trying to figure out if the tracks were messed up. If a spike was out of place, it could easily stop most lower cars. A stock C5 Z06, for example, would be welcome in any of our garages, but may indeed have suffered the same fate if the tracks are the culprit.

gearheadE30
gearheadE30 Reader
3/6/15 8:32 a.m.

Yeah, even if I'm not a stance guy, I can appreciate the work that goes into some of the cars. Just like any part of the car hobby, there are some who will half-ass it, and some who do it right. I think any of us would say it would suck to watch helplessly while a train plowed into your car... I'm kind of surprised to see so much judgement here.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
3/6/15 8:37 a.m.
tuna55 wrote: You guys are placing an awful lot of blame without once even trying to figure out if the tracks were messed up. If a spike was out of place, it could easily stop most lower cars. A stock C5 Z06, for example, would be welcome in any of our garages, but may indeed have suffered the same fate if the tracks are the culprit.

Hell, i have intersections that i just flat out HAVE to avoid in the MX6. Next time i have it on a lift, i'll take pictures of the completely buttberkeleyed frame.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
3/6/15 8:38 a.m.

I don't get all the hate here. That thing wasn't that much lower than my ms3, and no one's ever accused me of being a stancetard. TBH I think that OP's camry looked pretty good to me.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/6/15 8:40 a.m.

I guess it was literally grounded to the ground

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xaG4OpvnfCDeGFYiG6OZVSTIHrqgKX4lejP7DbIp1b2JLcHU3br151BDdiW9KBJs