Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
10/20/13 9:43 a.m.

I'd like to get a set of corner scales but have a hard time justifying paying over a grand like the average wired set goes for or over $1500 for a wireless set.

This setup is $699.00 from Speedway Motors.

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Proform-67650-Economy-Scale-System,8818.html

The pads are rated for 1250 pounds each instead of the 1500 pounds most others are rated at, considering that the average car I mess with is under 2500 pounds it seems this would probably do everything I ask. But there's not a whole lot of good info out there on teh Googles.

Anybody here have any direct experience with them?

mw
mw Dork
10/20/13 10:36 a.m.

Those look pretty good, but I haven't had any experience with them. What's the return policy like?

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
10/20/13 10:50 a.m.

No direct experience - but the speedway guys do have a pretty great customer service department so give them a call and ask what the return policy is.

You might be able to trial a set for the cost of return shipping.

44Dwarf
44Dwarf SuperDork
10/20/13 7:12 p.m.

I know a few guys who have them and they seem to be just fine but i've not put my cert postal scales side by side with them. With scales it more about repeatablity then pure acuracy. You are the built in calibration. stand on ech pad and see if you weight the same on each pad if you do with in 1/2 a pound your good to go.

I got away with postal scales cause dwarf cars are 1250 with driver so 400lbs per pad worked fine.

sevenracer
sevenracer Reader
10/21/13 7:50 p.m.

Last year I was shopping and opted for Rebco scales over ProForm I think they were $900 and included a storage case and they are rated 1500 lbs per corner.

They work well for me.

The Pro Forms had smaller pads too, if that's a concern for you.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
11/2/14 7:54 a.m.

Looking into these, now the Proforms are available, cordless, with ramps for $800 shipped, seems a great deal but would like feedback

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
11/2/14 8:16 a.m.

Feedback on these was poor, badly made, plastic housings, and not calibrated

http://www.amazon.com/ss/customer-reviews/B001P29YBS/ref=?_encoding=UTF8&Version=1&entries=0

I will be sticking to Longacre, not worth the issues

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
W2iiFgrS0gr07k8vjSYVQ9KJ4tZh9Cn20TBJj0UtTiZWnSv2GhBwuiKPyE3Y4zmx