1 2
Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
3/23/12 10:30 a.m.

I'd be tempted to go with something for D or EMod---so no bike motors (which boot you to BMod)

Per

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/23/12 11:22 a.m.
Per Schroeder wrote: I'd be tempted to go with something for D or EMod---so no bike motors (which boot you to BMod) Per

They aren't legal for D or EMod. The frame rail dimensions are to narrow (Must be 42" they are like 40.5-41). Silly rules. Subaru 360s must play in B or A mod so M/C motors are in and possible.

Nashco
Nashco UltraDork
3/23/12 11:49 a.m.
nocones wrote:
Per Schroeder wrote: I'd be tempted to go with something for D or EMod---so no bike motors (which boot you to BMod) Per
They aren't legal for D or EMod. The frame rail dimensions are to narrow (Must be 42" they are like 40.5-41). Silly rules. Subaru 360s must play in B or A mod so M/C motors are in and possible.

That's an interesting rule...I actually hadn't noticed it before, and I should have.

SCCA said: 18.C.1.j j. No car of any sort with a floor pan less than 37” wide for frontengine cars or less than 42” wide for mid- and rear-engine cars shall be allowed in DM or EM. 12.7 FLOOR PAN The floor pan is defined to include all surfaces which would support the driver’s or passenger’s feet, body, or seat in the original car, extending laterally from (but not including) door sill to door sill and longitudinally from (but not including) front bulkhead to rear bulkhead.

I'm still not exactly clear which part you're supposed to be measuring. The inner edge of the door sill? Outer edge? This reads as though the "floor pan" is a flat object with square corners.

Bryce

nocones
3/23/12 12:25 p.m.

I agree its ambiguous at best. Near as I can tell the rule was written to specifically exclude all of the micro cars but specifically allow lotus 7 and clones.

What I have read is that it is the flat portion between the inner door sills. This is 40.5 on the 360. If it is just the area beneath the body or the area between the doors it would be legal as those are 42-43.

Also all scca dimensions are +/- .5 so technically it may be legal @ 41.5. Mine is missing its floor though so hard to measure.

Honestly if mine was more complete I would take it to play in XP.

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
3/23/12 12:36 p.m.

Doh--I thought it was wheel track based, not frame rails.

PikeRider
PikeRider New Reader
3/23/12 6:18 p.m.

In reply to Per Schroeder: Or maybe I should think about future ultimate track car challenge? MAHAHAHAHA!

PikeRider
PikeRider New Reader
3/23/12 11:30 p.m.

Oh... Just found an ion redline forsale! Updates to follow!

snap_understeer
snap_understeer New Reader
3/30/12 1:23 p.m.

I now have a viable, e-testable idea. 13B-DEI

Bobzilla
Bobzilla SuperDork
3/30/12 2:09 p.m.

I still think the 1.0L G10 turbo'd would be the best bang for the buck. Small, light, make you 100+hp.... or an LS1 direct drive, no trans. One gear.

PikeRider
PikeRider New Reader
3/31/12 9:09 p.m.

Hey guys,

I've got a little status update for guys. I closed on my new house this last Thursday, the 29th of March. The best part is that the house came with a two car garage with attached workshop and extra storage underneath the garage. The car is now in my new garage and ready to be torn down! Here's a few images from my day. First one is at the start of the journey, the second is my brother and I in the car in my new garage.

Have a good day guys, Andy,

Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/1/12 10:51 a.m.

Chop and channel the body and put a shifter kart under it. Get a curb weight of about 400 lbs.

stroker
stroker HalfDork
4/1/12 11:27 a.m.

Two-stroke snowmobile engine?

snap_understeer
snap_understeer New Reader
4/10/12 11:39 a.m.

Volkswagen 1.8T. Light, affordable, tuneable.

PikeRider
PikeRider New Reader
4/11/12 8:59 p.m.

I thought about the two stroke sled motor, but just for a minute. I still want to stir my own gears.

Does anyone know a good sight for overall engine sizes and weights? That would be a great website or sticky for a forum!

nocones
4/12/12 9:21 a.m.

That looks to be in really good shape and complete actually. I'd recomend reading up on the XP rules. They don't have the size restrictions (yet) of E/DMod. My floor is missing otherwise I would build mine for XP as well.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Lk37Tu5uVWAtaSgAcap9UkwvEplEsSa7LSl1YAWwzTHOGMZQJnjlTGyOoGKxmuBz