cvedral
cvedral New Reader
4/11/12 9:31 a.m.

Are the Hoosier R6's that much better Lap time wise then the Toyo Ra1's? I am running ttc with Nasa, a mostly stock s2000. Comtech ft sway bar, cai, and 2.5 single exhaust only mods. I have been running Hankook rs3's. I was 14 sec off at Sebring last week. Also looks like the Ra1's are much cheaper.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker UltimaDork
4/11/12 9:54 a.m.
cvedral wrote: Are the Hoosier R6's that much better Lap time wise then the Toyo Ra1's? I am running ttc with Nasa, a mostly stock s2000. Comtech ft sway bar, cai, and 2.5 single exhaust only mods. I have been running Hankook rs3's. I was 14 sec off at Sebring last week. Also looks like the Ra1's are much cheaper.

Yes. I dropped 4 sec a lap going from Nitto NT01s to R6s (same compound as RA-1) and I haven't got the setup dialed in to take full advantage of them yet.

Here is the deal though - they are wicked fast from about the 3rd heat cycle to the 8th. Then they drop 2 sec but remain consistent. So - they are $1100 for two race weekends and then some track days until shot and you have to have enough take-offs mounted to do warm ups and practice so you save your clutch heat cycles for qual and race. That means two sets of mostly fresh R6s and some older ones too - so three sets of wheels and tires not counting wets.

It is a whole order of magnitude of speed and cost up from what you run now. If that scares you - re-class yourself somewhere with a tire spec.

cvedral
cvedral New Reader
4/11/12 11:19 a.m.

Thanks for the great explaination of R6's! I think money is best spent on Ra1's then. Or just run the hankooks, even cheaper, till i get some suspension under the car.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pzqp2oqeOQaqUXoumkDopnCFHTjDurtrM8xgsrixtaFzK5wSllX60Ed7X73eMjUw