HiTempguy
HiTempguy Reader
2/18/09 1:19 p.m.

Makes me sad. You guys churn (and I mean churn) through projects really quick it seems. Mabye thats just because of how many issues there are per year, but its like you do the build up (4 issues worth), race the car once or twice, then sell it. I know you guys have to do it, but it'd sure be cool to see you (in all of your projects) get a little more seat time in them/keep them around longer.

Obviously we need to buy more subscriptions so you can have a bigger storage area for the projects

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
2/18/09 1:22 p.m.

Yea, it makes me sad too, but....

That car has been around for 2 years and is going into its 8th installment...seven of which have been printed. I think it's actually been in a total of 10 issues in various sections. That's in addition to 4 rallies, several track events and it was on display at 4 other events.

Per

jwdmotorsports
jwdmotorsports Reader
2/18/09 1:29 p.m.
HiTempguy wrote: Obviously we need to buy more subscriptions so you can have a bigger storage area for the projects

I've got the 10 year.

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
2/18/09 1:32 p.m.

I like the build articles a lot, that's what got me hooked to GRM long ago. While I greatly appreciate driving completed cars, building them is the real fun for me. You build a car, race it, improve/tweak it, race it, etc. After a few races, most of the bugs are worked out and it's not really interesting to read about anymore IMO. Any schmoe with a blog (myself included) can detail how a race went once the car was reliable and had the kinks worked out!

Bryce

MiatarPowar
MiatarPowar HalfDork
2/18/09 1:35 p.m.

Hopefully someone will buy it and enjoy it. I'd agree with what was posted in saying that it's a deal for someone who wants a very solid, completed car.

Any spare parts laying around? Garfield is about to come out of storage for a revival (finally).

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/18/09 2:39 p.m.

how about an OG900 now.. and then when that is done.. an NG900.. you can compare and all are cheap enough

P71
P71 GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/18/09 2:43 p.m.

Suck! I liked the ole Prancing Moose. I do like "build" articles better though.

bam2002
bam2002 New Reader
2/18/09 3:45 p.m.

I didnt know you had to sell them when they were done.

I am guessing the engine is back in and the water pump addressed.

To bad I just picked up the 75 99 EMS.. i would be interesed. But then I also need to focus on what types of racing I have time for. Between Sebring track days and the Lemons races. Im not sure I would even have time to do a Rally or 2.

B

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
2/18/09 4:00 p.m.

We don't have to sell project cars as a rule. In this case, I only have so much space in my driveway and so much money in my bank account and so much time in my life. And if the project is done, why not move on to something else equally as hardcore?

Goldmember
Goldmember New Reader
2/18/09 4:29 p.m.
Per Schroeder wrote: We don't have to sell project cars as a rule. In this case, I only have so much space in my driveway and so much money in my bank account and so much time in my life. And if the project is done, why not move on to something else equally as hardcore?

Like say, a La Grande?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6JPBUsuhr3jebRyNuivMLmcy01Vrj1zKPvVWBQvKx8MF4ixBXutjxu9YUIvJAQ4q