1 2
Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
12/12/14 8:39 a.m.
irish44j wrote: North of Baltimore is Susquehanna region pretty much. We have to run physically within the bouns of WDCR ;)

Does Susquehanna have an active RX program? If not, I wouldn't worry too much about over-lapping the territory. We usually cross-promote their events on the Philly region forums and the last event posted was in 2013.

Sadly, in Philly we have the opposite problem: we have a venue willing to host events (I forget the exact location - North of Philly somewhere, IIRC), but have trouble getting staff to start, organize and run a program. Part of me would like to try, but I think it would be good to get a season of actually attending events before attempting to organize/run something. Unfortunately, when your venue moved, it sort of killed that; 3 hrs west of DC is almost 5 hrs west of Philly.

moxnix
moxnix HalfDork
12/12/14 9:45 a.m.
Ian F wrote: Does Susquehanna have an active RX program? If not, I wouldn't worry too much about over-lapping the territory. We usually cross-promote their events on the Philly region forums and the last event posted was in 2013.

Yes Susquehanna does have a rallyx program. They did 4? events this year. While it is possible to get permission to run events in another region's area (ripken where philly used to run autox is in WDCR IIRC) it does not make sense to get to far away from the D.C. area since that is our current issue.

I did a heat map of the 2013 (last year at summit) rallyx drivers locations https://mapalist.com/Public/pm.aspx?mapid=410220 This was pulled from the entry lists for all events(Not unique entries - If you ran 2 events it will have 2 entries for you in there) and was only from online entries. 2014 looks like this. https://mapalist.com/Public/pm.aspx?mapid=492333

irish44j
irish44j PowerDork
12/12/14 4:28 p.m.

^that's pretty cool. I suspect if we ran up near baltimore, there would be a much heavier presence from DC/MD/Philly/Delaware area, and it's still about the same distance for the guys out toward York and Susquehanna's region.

Lol, I like how the heaviest area is Germantown....3-4 guys running the ETA and Nick/Bobby in the e28 for every event = like 35-40 total entries from that specific area.

In any case, I forwarded this thread to Adam so we'll see what happens.

irish44j
irish44j PowerDork
12/16/14 4:26 p.m.

captdownshift - sent you a message but didn't hear back. You here?

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/16/14 6:15 p.m.

I am but didn't see the message dzajano at Gmail or davidz at national dot PCA dot org works for going the email route

HappyAndy
HappyAndy UltraDork
12/16/14 6:46 p.m.

In reply to irish44j:

If you get the golf course site I'm in, even if I have to rent a car. Few things could give me more pleasure than ripping up a country club!

captdownshift
12/16/14 6:50 p.m.

In reply to HappyAndy:

I have a few rallycross cars and it's close enough to me that I can arrange the extras to be available for rental

Duke
Duke UltimaDork
12/16/14 7:38 p.m.

I can vouch for Delaware / Philly area. You'd get at least half a dozen of us every event. A guy down the block from me runs stage rally in his FWD GC Impreza.

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/16/14 7:38 p.m.

I wish there was a scca rally x region close to me. I live in the Asheville, NC area on the boarder of NC region scca(minimun 5 hours+ away ), Central Carolina region(3+ hrs away). the closest SCCA region is the East Tennessee region which doesnt have a rally x location atm but does hold stuff under 3 hours away, mostly around 2 hours away.

I mean there is a unaffiliated club that runs an auto x at the WNC Ag center which is around 45 mins away, that I might try to get started in auto x with but no rally x.

captdownshift
12/17/14 8:15 a.m.

what would the interest be in having a super long course, think 6+ miles and 8+ minute runs on the sight to be run twice in one direction and reversed for the afternoon runs?

It'd require a large number of entries due to the size of the course and number of workers needed. Run groups would in turn be large, but with a good course design cars could be released every 60 seconds to allow the run order to cycle through quickly.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iiIvwtXlrfvvRvDBojeFXPTG6JGfCUhkLd1tnwE4EnJza5bS8cd6xvf8VSJ070ZC