imgon
imgon HalfDork
4/5/22 9:51 a.m.

I am hoping someone in GRM land has run across this problem. A few years ago I installed an aftermarket ECU in my track only '87 NA RX7. In the tuning process with the new ECU system, the shop I was using suggested getting RX 8 "Yellow" injectors (factory one could not flow enough fuel) and I somehow found O-rings and grommets that fit well enough for it to not leak. Unfortunately I did not keep any notes on what I used. I had the engine rebuilt this winter and I now cannot find the proper combination of O rings and grommets. I have tried many combinations with the latest being RX 7 O rings and grommets on the upper part of the injector and RX 8 grommets on the bottom and they are soooo close to being correct but still leak slightly. Does anyone else run RX 8 injectors in an FC engine? Which O Rings and grommets do you use? Is there a solution that uses a component that uses RX7 stock parts or parts that are easily sourced.

On this same topic, how do the injectors seal? Is it simply the downward pressure from the clamps or should the bottom grommet squish enough that it expands a little in the pocket it sits in? Thanks

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xjU5ltJQ9uwGYtsE3tLXlmEyMZkW4uBEHiPFxXuYiyJgoruImCebSw4eFOmDbRBH