Strathclyde
Strathclyde New Reader
7/7/13 4:36 p.m.

Hey gang, The last word I heard about Saab parts availabiliity on here was about a year ago and seemed inconclusive.

In the meantime has anything gotten better or worse or just plain weird (it's Saab we're talking about, after all)?

I want something different, and it's either an old W123 or W126 Mercedes diesel or a Saab 9-5 Aero with a clutch pedal and ventilated seats--if such a car can be found that isn't a complete E36 M3-box.

Being able to get parts would help.

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/7/13 6:55 p.m.

Anything you need can be had provided you are willing to order online. There are plenty of aftermarket suppliers still pumping out parts for them and Saab still exists as a parts and warranty entity. I've had a 9-5, C900, NG900 and 9000 since Saab kicked the bucket and there was nothing I needed that I couldnt get. There is also some interchange with GM, which helps. The only stuff that is troublesome is 2007-up trim parts since that is when the cars were face lifted, which only lasted a few years.

Www.eeuroparts.com www.genuinesaab.com www.thesaabsite.com www.partsforsaabs.com

Strathclyde
Strathclyde New Reader
7/7/13 9:49 p.m.

In reply to SlickDizzy:

Thanks, Slick.
I, too, have had experience with a few Saabs, and owned an '86 900 and a '95 NG900, but nothing recently.

Thanks for the info, though.

partsisparts
partsisparts
7/9/13 11:25 a.m.

We found another company that sells Saab parts and also has out of country contacts to obtain many hard to get parts. They have found everything I have ever needed as well as aftermarket options. Here is there page.. www.saabspoilers.com ... I have worked with John and he has been great!

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/9/13 11:47 a.m.

There is a big dealership near me that used to sell Saabs, among many other brands. The last time I was by there, they had more than a dozen brand new (2011?), filthy Saabs in the back corner of the lot. The look like they were abandoned. Tempting, but scary.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
osYCSuxCOfOJPe1WeZpJ2LZx0f0bKMRhwIcMepydKTvvhvBsaaLptJj8MWtwqFj2