1 2 3
jstein77
jstein77 SuperDork
4/10/13 7:12 a.m.

Central Florida Region since May of 1983. 30th anniversary this year! Autocross the whole time; also did road racing in the late 80's with an ITA Mazda RX-2. I was chairman of the Solo program in 1987 and '88. Now I do novice instruction regularly and occasionally chair an event.

jstein77
jstein77 SuperDork
4/10/13 7:14 a.m.
mw wrote: Guam region. I'm actually from. Canada, but there is no Canadian region and Guam doesn't have any additional fees. Joined in 2009 so I could go to solo nationals.

LOL! I guess you don't often attend their club meetings, huh?

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas Dork
4/10/13 7:17 a.m.

Kansas City Region. I haven't been at it long, this is my second season. Started crewing for a couple of F500 drivers 2 or 3 years ago, autocrossed a little bit, got into Chumpcar a year ago this month, now do a little bit of everything.

SCARR
SCARR Reader
4/10/13 7:18 a.m.

Central PA region. joined in 2010, became assRE in 2011, and the first half of 2012 (then my Job got in the way, so i stepped down.)

autocrossed the whole time. (as far as SCCA goes) also (non scca) on a chumpcar team.

Gearhead_42
Gearhead_42 Dork
4/10/13 7:56 a.m.

What year is it? 15 years autocrossing, 12 years (officially) as a member in the Central PA Region, Philly briefly prior to that when I lived out thataway. Apparently when you let your membership lapse as a poor college student in the 90's you don't get credit for those years when you re-up :lol:

Currently taking time away for baby

racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
4/10/13 7:58 a.m.

Member since '91 in CFR. Have raced GT-4, ITC, ITB, ITS, SM, and now FP.

westsidetalon
westsidetalon Reader
4/10/13 8:35 a.m.

NeOhio SCCA since 1998, Improved Touring road race class, ITS 2nd gen RX7 (98-03), ITS 96 Acura Integra GSR( 03-current). Occasional autox/rallyx.

fidelity101
fidelity101 HalfDork
4/10/13 8:37 a.m.

DET SCCA joined in 2009, Mostly just rallycross but last year I started autoXing the daily a bit too.

Matt B
Matt B Dork
4/10/13 8:48 a.m.

I've been an on-n-off member of the ATL region for ten years or so. My autocross attendance is SPOTTY at best, but I love it when works out.

Duke
Duke PowerDork
4/10/13 8:48 a.m.
hrdlydangerous wrote: I'm a member of the South Jersey region and have been autocrossing for a least 15 years, although it doesn't seem that long.

I'm a member of the Philly region, but I may change to South Jersey next year since PR doesn't run at Citizen's Bank Park any more. Ahren from SJR came to one of my local club (BMC) events and he seemed like a really good guy. I don't make it to enough events and I don't take it seriously enough to really bond with the in-crowd in Philly, though some of them are pretty friendly.

I joined 2 years ago, mostly because it almost paid for itself in reduced entrance fees. Other than that I don't have a huge interest in being an activist member.

oldsaw
oldsaw PowerDork
4/10/13 9:04 a.m.

I first joined the Atlanta region in '85; dropped membership in '93 but came back a couple years later; a job change and reduced income changed priorities. Stopped again in '06 when interest waned.

When/if the bug hits again, I'll rejoin in a heartbeat.

wbjones
wbjones UberDork
4/10/13 9:25 a.m.

2006 ... a-x ( STS ) with Central Carolina Region and ( dual region member) with East Tenn Region ... not enough PDX/TT (other than hill-climb) in the SE Div so I'm also a NASA member ( for my track time fix)

oldtin
oldtin UltraDork
4/10/13 9:34 a.m.

On and off since 1986 chicago region, More attention to NASA recently - although work is seriously interfering with automotive plans.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/10/13 9:34 a.m.

Another Detroit region member here, 15+ years autocross and a road rally or 2 thrown in for good measure..

Detroit just won region of the year!

Apexcarver
Apexcarver PowerDork
4/10/13 9:35 a.m.

Been autocrossing since 2005, flagging for a few years now.

Never had more than a weekend membership (for flagging, freebie), probably going to change that this year and try running my Miata with DCR at FedEx.

J Block
J Block New Reader
4/10/13 9:56 a.m.

Holy cow! Am I the only one here from the RIOG region? Since 2010, DAG, Engineer, Driver Coach everything from FF to Trans Am.

whenry
whenry HalfDork
4/10/13 12:42 p.m.

Joined the East Tenn Region in 1987 so I could go road racing. Stayed a member to pay back the club for my fun times.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
4/10/13 1:15 p.m.

Indianapolis Region since 2007. All auto-x,all the time.... or something like that. Been tech chief off and on for a couple years, did my time as Timing and scoring and just worker bee. I'm the guy running the oddball cars in wierd classes.

pilotbraden
pilotbraden SuperDork
4/10/13 1:19 p.m.

I joined the Detroit region last month. I am planning to autocross, rallycross and track days in my RX-7 this year. Next year roadracing?

crankwalk
crankwalk GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/10/13 2:04 p.m.

I just volunteer for the Central Carolina region for the hillclimb event and did sparse things in Atlanta over the last 10 years. Never officially joined.

Cone_Junky
Cone_Junky Dork
4/10/13 2:12 p.m.

San Diego region, SCCA memeber since 2007.

410 usually in SM

Started autocrossing in 2004 and haven't stopped since.

Powar
Powar Dork
4/10/13 2:31 p.m.

I've been a member of the KY Region SCCA for eight years. I started autocrossing in 2004 and never completely stopped.

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 UltraDork
4/10/13 5:20 p.m.

Colorado region - been autocrossing for five years.

Jim Pettengill
Jim Pettengill HalfDork
4/10/13 6:08 p.m.

Was a member for 33 years, starting in Arizona region, then Pan-Am, then mostly Rio Grande. Mostly ran autocrosses, TSD rallies when they existed, and co-drove Pro Rallies (the old term for stage rallies for you youngsters) back in the 70s and 80s.

Where I live now there are no SCCA events in the western half of Colorado, so the closest events are a 4 to 6-hour drive, one way (140 to 260 miles, depending on direction, again one-way), and I get my driving fun at independent track days, so I let my membership lapse around 5 years ago. If I want to run an occasional SCCA event, I'll just pay the nonmember fee.

shadetree30
shadetree30 Reader
4/10/13 6:19 p.m.

Stealth Susquehanna region (sometimes I even join) mostly participate in PHA events.

Started out in 1970(!) in Philadelphia region* (lived there) and then NEPA.

*back in the day you had to have two members sponsor you...I had my boss Howard Hanna (road racer '50s and '60s) and CanAm driver Steve Durst to vouch for me!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iFn2DwrVxO8UBDThOoZhPx2yBEXcqcK30YP55rcbkV8McspurLW0mbHIKpUpjsoi