B Spec race has been great. 

glueguy (Forum Supporter)
glueguy (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/4/24 9:57 a.m.

Enjoy!!  Can't wait to hear the report

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
10/4/24 10:06 a.m.

Welp. We're 1 for 1 in races started and races finished under yellow. 

Some amazing racing while it lasted, though.

adam525i
adam525i GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/4/24 10:35 a.m.
stan
stan GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/4/24 11:29 a.m.

Was my favorite time of the year...when they were at Mid-Ohio. I always took Friday off and spent the day there. A great day.

Coniglio Rampante
Coniglio Rampante Reader
10/4/24 12:02 p.m.

Events like this make me very thankful for the internet.  I LOVE being able to watch it live.

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) MegaDork
10/4/24 12:03 p.m.

I love the Runoffs and watch faithfully every year, but small fields on a track the size of Road America doesn't leave a great visual impression. Most of the classes are in the teens, if not less. No idea what to do about it though, just an observation. However, there are 112 Miatas running if I counted right.

Racebrick
Racebrick HalfDork
10/4/24 12:32 p.m.

There are significant changes for 2025 runoffs, and much of the reason why is the small fields in some of the classes.

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
10/4/24 12:53 p.m.

In reply to Racebrick :

I hope something improves, there are too many classes with 15 , or less entries.

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/4/24 1:09 p.m.

If anyone is planning on coming Sat or Sun and needs a ticket, let me know. We got 4 with our cabin rental and we only need 2.

Kendall_Jones
Kendall_Jones Dork
10/4/24 1:20 p.m.

Fields are small as there was a lot of carnage at the June sprints.  Tons of wrecks in testing and qualifying- 2 sm drivers had to be cut out their cars after crashing in the kink.

I think I've overcome my demons after my crash at the kink in 2020.  My HP time is faster than my 2020 STL time.

Spec miata starts at 1pm central and my favorite HP starts at 3pm central :)  cheer for the green #80, I've never actually finished a race at road america.

BoulderG
BoulderG Reader
10/4/24 3:55 p.m.

Definitely enjoying the live stream! Very nice video work and excellent audio commentary.

One amusing thing - during a Shell gasoline ad they show Spec Miatas racing. Below that is the usual disclaimer "Do not attempt. Professional drivers on a closed course."

All you Spec Miata drivers should be pleased to finally get recognized as Professional Drivers. Hope the prize money is appropriate!

hobiercr
10/5/24 11:48 a.m.

Day 2, now with more sunscreen. Some great racing already. Tough when a race ends under yellow like STL. 20+ lead changes.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver MegaDork
10/5/24 11:54 a.m.

Really looking forward to what might be f600's last hurrah at runoffs. Last several years have produced really really good races. 

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
10/5/24 12:18 p.m.

In reply to Kendall_Jones :

Top-ten finish.....I'll call that well done !

adam525i
adam525i GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/5/24 12:35 p.m.

Throw the berkeleying green for SRF, jeez

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
10/5/24 6:45 p.m.

The "winner" in STU apparently flunked the post-race fuel test and has been DQed and banned from next year's Runoffs.

hobiercr
10/6/24 9:00 a.m.

Day 3! I'll be having coffee with a side of F600. High of 61 with wind gusting to 40mph. Brisk. 

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
10/6/24 9:40 a.m.

In reply to hobiercr :

Not Florida weather? 

hobiercr
10/6/24 9:41 a.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk (Warren) :

Not quite. Glad I brought a jacket.

gixxeropa
gixxeropa GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/6/24 10:59 a.m.

James Weida wins F600 with a 2-stroke, followed by about 6 GSXR powered cars before the next 2-stroke. Nice race, and I'm sure the 2-stroke guys will enjoy their position as reigning champ forever

Apexcarver
Apexcarver MegaDork
10/6/24 11:19 a.m.

In reply to gixxeropa :

That was a great race. I still think F600 has had the best races at runoffs for several years running.

hobiercr
10/6/24 11:59 a.m.

F600 was a great race. FV was really good too. Some amazing lead changes.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
d1vaWeTQukPqCq2lqZ457HaWPR9A0T4eavPBXjoBbf2gSNly9FZbYDxoWrMjZZIA