1 ... 6 7 8
Type Q
Type Q Dork
7/16/12 8:57 a.m.

Wow,

I thought I logged into GRM this morning. Somehow I ended up on Honda-Tech. :)

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
7/16/12 8:59 a.m.
Motio135 wrote: Stupid as it may seem honestly I wasn't bent out of shape because im not confident, probably more to do with your picture and when I read your posts all I see is that arrogant doctor saying it making it 10x worse.

Oh, then I see it's working.
House, over and out.

Otto Maddox
Otto Maddox SuperDork
7/16/12 10:20 a.m.

In reply to bravenrace:

You know, I actually read your posts as if they are really condescending because I picture House saying them.

Ian F
Ian F UberDork
7/16/12 10:35 a.m.
Otto Maddox wrote: In reply to bravenrace: You know, I actually read your posts as if they are really condescending because I picture House saying them.

Then instead of House, just imagine it's the Prince from Black Adder III.

Owen
Owen
8/8/12 9:49 p.m.
NOHOME wrote: Then, for you feature and HP driven individuals, let me know how the Lotus Elise gets away with a 65k price tag (Canadian) when it has zero features and a Toyota Camry engine? According to Dr. House's formula, that car can't be worth any more than a base Kia or Hiundai. right? Or am I miss-reading the feature-value formula?

In all fairness, they don't "get away with a 65k" price tag. They sell a few cars to people who are super crazy for them. It's not a good business model, as witnessed by the fact that they have been losing money for years. The only reason they have survived is because some Asian company thinks it's cool to own an old name car mfg'r.

In fact, it appears that Toyota is following in the path of the Elise's introduction to North America. Bring it in at more than expected cost, a long suffering die hard fan base results in low availability and large markups when they do arrive. Then, about a year later..... all the die hards have thier cars. The cars don't appeal to anyone else. Sales plummet, and the parent company gives it a long product run in an attempt recover the development costs.

Whew, for a second I thought I was talking about the mrs. Or celica.

O

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
8/8/12 10:17 p.m.

I'm afraid i missed the part where the car was brought in at a higher than expected price....

dculberson
dculberson Dork
8/9/12 10:58 a.m.

People forget that this isn't 1989 and $25k is actually a cheap new car now.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
8/9/12 11:39 a.m.
dculberson wrote: People forget that this isn't 1989 and $25k is actually a cheap new car now.

Right... I believe my MX6 had almost a $25k sticker in 1989, and that's way more than $25k today.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic UltimaDork
8/9/12 12:06 p.m.

I wanted the FRS to be exactly like an old Triumph GT6 (without the rust and dodgy electronics) and cost $10k new. :troll face:

1 ... 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ebVXueOAJmj1krCXDiexo8191mnPOwqjt6pBxyOAPTKCpEJd9dRWcPZfv7i4fupb