1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
Spitsix
Spitsix GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/17/12 9:24 a.m.

watching live streaming on ESPN3.com

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/17/12 10:26 a.m.

I really wish I could have made the Mongo trip.

Racer1ab
Racer1ab Reader
3/17/12 12:06 p.m.

Tuned in this morning on the xbox, and am kind of surprised how quickly 3 hours just went by.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette Dork
3/17/12 12:25 p.m.

if anyone has mongo crew s fone # have them call me thanks karl

jrw1621
jrw1621 PowerDork
3/17/12 1:47 p.m.
Karl La Follette wrote: if anyone has mongo crew s fone # have them call me thanks karl

Karl, I sent a text to Steve (aussie) with your number

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/17/12 10:53 p.m.

That ending in GT was crazy!

ESPN3 did a killer job with the broadcast (besides the Scottish announcer, ugh).

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Reader
3/18/12 10:50 a.m.
Javelin wrote: That ending in GT was *crazy*! ESPN3 did a killer job with the broadcast (besides the Scottish announcer, ugh).

Yep, we were sitting at the inside of turn 3 and could see it all unfold at turn 5. That was wild.

jrw1621
jrw1621 PowerDork
3/18/12 10:54 a.m.

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/source/espn3/id/437953/
The last lap happens at about 06:07 (6 hrs 7 minutes) of this part 2 of ESPN3's coverage.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette Dork
3/18/12 11:53 a.m.

race is on ABC Now

griffin729
griffin729 HalfDork
3/18/12 12:40 p.m.

Had to work all day yesterday. Just about ready to start watching on the Xbox. I'll probably catch the whole race over the next week or so like I did last year.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg PowerDork
3/18/12 11:46 p.m.

The Monvo crew rapidly returning to Ohio, 100 miles until we get to send Maroon92,Amanda and the dukeofundersteer on their merry way and we make the last 90 mile leg home.

One long assed drive to see a great race and the best hillbilly party Florida can show

Stay tuned for pics

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/18/12 11:57 p.m.

I probably should have checked this thread sooner and hitched a ride with you. You probably drove right past my town.

aeronca65t
aeronca65t Dork
3/19/12 5:41 a.m.

In case you missed the last four minutes of the GT race, Here it is.

Hand in white BMW and Beretta in red Ferrari.

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
3/19/12 6:48 a.m.

Well, the Duke and I are at work now... I am 100% exhausted, but really glad I went.

32oz of Monster are going to help me through the day today.

Left at 5:30 on Thursday night, arrived at Sebring Friday night at midnight. Left Sebring 11PM Saturday, arrived home 6AM MONDAY!!!

Only a few minor mongo-related issues, but they weren't enough from keeping us trucking along.

Thanks Aussie!

forzav12
forzav12 Reader
3/19/12 8:32 a.m.

meh, starting to look like NASCAR-without as good a handicapper. At least in NASCAR, the fake Camrys are pretty equally matched with the fake Impalas, Chargers and Fusions.

BMW has obviously received some of the most favorable rules "adjustments" in the history of the series. They sandbag through qualifying and much of the race and 'recover" from being knocked off course to zip right back to the front. Ridiculous. Especially when a car that can't outrun a Mustang in "real" life easlily dispatches ZR-1s, Italias and Porsche 911s. WWF, indeed.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer PowerDork
3/19/12 8:41 a.m.
forzav12 wrote: BMW has obviously received some of the most favorable rules "adjustments" in the history of the series. They sandbag through qualifying and much of the race and 'recover" from being knocked off course to zip right back to the front. Ridiculous. Especially when a car that can't outrun a Mustang in "real" life easlily dispatches ZR-1s, Italias and Porsche 911s. WWF, indeed.

Actually, the BMW had to use the FIA air inlet restrictors because it is a WEC event. The ALMS rules allow for a little larger restrictor for the BMW. So, if anything, the BMW had less power than usual, but still pulled off the victory.

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
3/19/12 8:44 a.m.
Javelin wrote: besides the Scottish announcer, ugh

Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis?

John Hindhaugh is the greatest sports car announcer in the entire history of the world. Never have I met a more informed, more excitable, and more enthusiastic commentator, and I adore his work.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/19/12 9:40 a.m.
Maroon92 wrote:
Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis? John Hindhaugh is the greatest sports car announcer in the entire history of the world. Never have I met a more informed, more excitable, and more enthusiastic commentator, and I adore his work.

I also think he is great.

jrw1621
jrw1621 PowerDork
3/19/12 9:47 a.m.

At one point of watching the espn3 feed, live, they made a comment about using 2 servers worth of capacity last year but using 5 servers worth of capacity this year. Seems that online attendance was way up.

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
3/19/12 10:01 a.m.
jrw1621 wrote: At one point of watching the espn3 feed, live, they made a comment about using 2 servers worth of capacity last year but using 5 servers worth of capacity this year. Seems that online attendance was way up.

And being there at the track both this year as well as last, I can tell you that At Venue attendance was WAY down.

Javelin
3/19/12 10:30 a.m.
Rusted_Busted_Spit wrote:
Maroon92 wrote:
Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis? John Hindhaugh is the greatest sports car announcer in the entire history of the world. Never have I met a more informed, more excitable, and more enthusiastic commentator, and I adore his work.
I also think he is great.

I only understood 75% of what he said. Or maybe it was the English announcer?

Javelin
3/19/12 10:34 a.m.

I'm confuzzled. I just watched the GT ending again, and I see the B<W pass the Ferrari (with the sign stuck to it's nose) at the last corner. Except the official results show a Corvette in 2nd. Where the ef is the Vette in the film??!?

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
3/19/12 10:35 a.m.
Javelin wrote: I'm confuzzled. I just watched the GT ending again, and I see the B<W pass the Ferrari (with the sign stuck to it's nose) at the last corner. Except the official results show a Corvette in 2nd. Where the ef is the Vette in the film??!?

The Ferrari that punted the BMW was not on the lead lap.

Does that help clear things up?

monark192
monark192 HalfDork
3/19/12 10:55 a.m.
Karl La Follette wrote: race is on ABC Now

Not in San Diego - on the schedule but replaced with freakin infomercials.

Last year it was tennis, this year exercise equipment. ABC sucks.

Javelin
3/19/12 10:57 a.m.
Maroon92 wrote:
Javelin wrote: I'm confuzzled. I just watched the GT ending again, and I see the B<W pass the Ferrari (with the sign stuck to it's nose) at the last corner. Except the official results show a Corvette in 2nd. Where the ef is the Vette in the film??!?
The Ferrari that punted the BMW was not on the lead lap. Does that help clear things up?

No, not even slightly. I'm talking about the "leading" Ferrari (the red one). In the last corner they clearly show the red 458 (with a sign stuck to it's nose, explaining how the BMW caught it) get passed by the BMW for the win. There's no Corvette anywhere in that shot, yet the official results have it BMW, ZR1, 458 as 1-2-3, all on the same lap.

1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rllt486M3w8JdlekR3fHDIvYVaUKHfpFKr6XiE2kz1wzAvPAXT8cLet6DC6SlFsh