emodspitfire
emodspitfire New Reader
2/4/10 8:50 p.m.

Will there be an official GRM presence?

T-shirts? Beer Bong? Old guys in cutoffs?

Rog

Maxnscrappers
Maxnscrappers New Reader
2/4/10 10:02 p.m.

Cornhole tourney?

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
2/4/10 10:40 p.m.

I will be there, but I will be steering clear of any cornhole...

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 Dork
2/4/10 11:01 p.m.

i'll be there as always...playing cornhole

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
2/5/10 9:19 a.m.

There will be a few of us there, but I don't think we will be setting up a booth this year.

Cornhole has to be the worst name for any game ever invented. But yeah, we'll probably throw a few rounds.

If you see one of us roaming around, make sure to say hello!

carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
2/5/10 9:21 a.m.

Next year the big GRM event ought to be Sebring instead of Rolex.

1) you have a better chance of good weather 2) you need to alternate between Rolex and Sebring cuz Sebring is just a better track

cwh
cwh SuperDork
2/5/10 12:12 p.m.

+1 to carguy's comment. I like that place more for racing than Daytona. The days of the legendary parties are over. Dammit.

unk577
unk577 New Reader
2/6/10 6:43 p.m.

+2 for Sebring. ALMS is much better than the Rolex series.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
2/6/10 6:52 p.m.

Unk, it very much depends on the race, the day, and the track.

I remember the Belle Isle GP in 2007 being an excellent race between the Audi R10 and the Penske Porsche. The lead was changed practically a million times.

Then again, I remember several really good Rolex races as well.

Both series have their merits.

cwh
cwh SuperDork
2/6/10 10:33 p.m.

The best races are the ones you can't quite remember.

carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
2/6/10 11:24 p.m.

I love the Koni challenge cars, now Continental Challenge or something like that.

I like the GT cars in the Rolex, but I love the variety and mix of sports cars at Sebring.

Having the ALMS cars there is a much bigger plus to me than the Daytona Prototypes.

I also like the variety of the track better at Sebring, but wouldn't want to drive on that rough surface for as many hours as those guys have to.

It's not that Rolex is bad, it's that Sebring is better or at least different. That's why I think an alternating years big event would be a great idea. Then you have something for everyone.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette HalfDork
2/7/10 5:29 p.m.

No hotels in sebring for the masses and they roll up the sidewalks at night . + 1 Moose club is right around the block from sebring track

carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
2/7/10 9:12 p.m.

Lots of hotels in the Sebring area for the masses now. Just up the main drag a very few miles is a string of hotels and shopping for miles and miles. You might not be 5 minutes from the track but you are no further than the Green Cactus or whatever that hotel is they recommend for Daytona.

As far as rolling up the sidewalks after dark, who cares - we're there to see the race.

unk577
unk577 New Reader
2/16/10 7:40 p.m.

Any word on if there will be official GRM presence or just all of us

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 Dork
2/16/10 7:58 p.m.

Who needs a hotel when you can camp? Whats so wrong with devolving for a couple of days and becoming a cave man?

Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
2/16/10 9:04 p.m.

I'll be there with a tent and beers!

unevolved
unevolved Reader
2/16/10 10:20 p.m.

Looks like me and my dad may be coming... My 21st birthday is the Sunday after... Great timing, huh?

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 Dork
2/16/10 10:50 p.m.

i was partaking in drinking festivities circa the age of 16 at Sebring...what I was drinking who knows, but something tells me no one gives a crap how old you are, you'll be close enough to 21 to celebrate all week.

Great times are had there every year, the way my family/friends set up camp there is pretty awesome, it's also some of the best food I eat all year. My dad and uncle have been going since like '76 and I've been going since '92, I wouldn't miss it for anything...even the perfect woman (although there is no such thing).

Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
2/17/10 7:59 a.m.
DirtyBird222 wrote: I wouldn't miss it for anything...even the perfect woman (although there is no such thing).

Much agreement from me!

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Marketing / Club Coordinator
2/17/10 8:28 a.m.
unk577 wrote: Any word on if there will be official GRM presence or just all of us

There will be an unofficial presence. Look for GRM staffers to be wandering around in a daze and throwing magazines at unsuspecting bystanders.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
2/17/10 8:33 a.m.

Sounds like fun. Now that I live close enough to make the trip in about 1.5 tanks of gas, I might have to make it a tradition.

unevolved
unevolved Reader
2/17/10 12:13 p.m.
DirtyBird222 wrote: i was partaking in drinking festivities circa the age of 16 at Sebring...what I was drinking who knows, but something tells me no one gives a crap how old you are, you'll be close enough to 21 to celebrate all week.

I'm in college, I know how the game is played, but I'm not sure how mi padre will take it.

I'll be rocking GRM Tshirts on Friday and Saturday.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
2/17/10 6:16 p.m.

eh, he was doing the same thing when he was your age.

(plus, how angry can he be about 1 week?)

unevolved
unevolved Reader
2/17/10 8:13 p.m.

I'll do my best.

kabel
kabel Dork
3/21/10 8:37 p.m.

Spotted many GRM shirt Saturday at Sebring!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8UJepwV2zCz9F2oVnR4TugFlBNjK53f5tdw9vSh4xrnm8xCrHfgdBGwRROk5HzxA