1 2 3
Tom Heath
Tom Heath Production Editor
10/11/08 5:17 p.m.
bluej wrote: what about just a few hour nap in the car? would the Speedway Police/Other Speedway People have an issue with that?

I'm considering this plan myself. I think you could get away with sleeping in a van/pickup type vehicle without anybody noticing.

Debbie Brozyna
Debbie Brozyna Assistant to the Publisher
11/11/08 8:01 a.m.

If you're planning on buying tickets for this event, I wouldn't wait till the last minute - I just heard from the Speedway - almost 1/2 of the tickets have been sold. We will definitely sell out again this year!

Varkwso
Varkwso Reader
11/11/08 6:19 p.m.

I have my tickets ordered

Debbie Brozyna
12/22/08 10:34 a.m.

I just heard from my contact at the Speedway - there's 50 tickets left to sell, that's it. If you haven't gotten yours yet, I wouldn't wait much longer!

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
12/22/08 10:58 a.m.

STUDENT LOANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/22/08 11:26 a.m.

Man I wish I had the cash to get to Daytona.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
12/22/08 1:02 p.m.

Doh, we went from 200 left to 50 left quicker than I expected.

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/22/08 8:56 p.m.

@#$@$&^#%$%!@

I am not sure if my girlfriend has taken my (very heavy handed) hints. this is nerve wracking.

amaff
amaff HalfDork
12/23/08 9:07 a.m.

when should these ship out?

Debbie Brozyna
12/23/08 1:02 p.m.

I haven't received word yet on an actual date when they'll be mailed out, but as soon as I hear, I'll post it.

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
12/23/08 1:07 p.m.

Hey Tim, got room on staff for a photographer that just finished their 2 year degree?

amaff
amaff HalfDork
12/23/08 1:45 p.m.
Debbie Brozyna wrote: I haven't received word yet on an actual date when they'll be mailed out, but as soon as I hear, I'll post it.

Excellent. I was starting to get worried that they hadn't showed up yet. If they haven't shipped, I can simma down nah' for a bit ;)

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
12/23/08 6:04 p.m.

We also had a nice meeting with Grand-Am today. They're excited that so many of our readers are showing up.

Slick92GSR
Slick92GSR None
12/23/08 10:57 p.m.

Yikes.. i hope there is still one ticket left for me ..!!

aussiesmg
aussiesmg HalfDork
12/26/08 8:51 p.m.

I got mine, whew, looks like the hotel is full though, what's the fall back hotel?

Slick92GSR
Slick92GSR New Reader
12/30/08 8:09 p.m.

i'm was able to order my ticket ..so i'm in .. sleeping arrangements lol.. who needs sleep .. ?

kevinSC1
kevinSC1 New Reader
12/30/08 11:47 p.m.

I am getting totally geeked about going.

I even convinced my wife to give me my birthday present early, so I can use it at the track - she got me a Canon EOS Rebel XS - plan to shoot LOTS of pictures - and to pick the brains of people who are better than me at taking pictures...

bluej
12/31/08 6:48 p.m.
bluej wrote: @#$@$&^#%$%!@ I am not sure if my girlfriend has taken my (very heavy handed) hints. this is nerve wracking.

well crap, that sure backfired. apparently the gf got ticks for both of us weeks ago. however, my birthday was yesterday and i told me parents that that was what i wanted so they bought me a ticket a few days before. so now we have an extra ticket.

if anyone needs a single, just message me and it's yours for face value. as of monday, there were about twenty tix still available from the 800 number.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg HalfDork
1/1/09 9:24 a.m.

Anyone looking for diggs, this place has a great deal, stay the weekend and get 50% off.

http://www.hotels.com/property.do?property=295143

Debbie Brozyna
1/6/09 7:23 a.m.

Well, it's official. All GRM Experience tickets are sold and they should be going out to you all by the end of this week. We're looking forward to seeing all of our friends again and meeting the new ones! See you in about 2 weeks!

Debbie Brozyna
1/6/09 4:02 p.m.

The General Manager at the Emerald Shores Hotel says that they do have a few oceanfront rooms still available. Don't forget to use the GRM code to get the great rate!

amaff
amaff HalfDork
1/6/09 8:14 p.m.

Question for my dad (who will be bringing his Vette): is there "guaranteed" parking in the GRM area, or will there be a few first come first serve spots? I got us all GRM Passes but he'd rather not park in the general infield and risk getting his baby dinged ;)

bluej
1/7/09 7:31 a.m.
Debbie Brozyna wrote: Well, it's official. All GRM Experience tickets are sold and they should be going out to you all by the end of this week. We're looking forward to seeing all of our friends again and meeting the new ones! See you in about 2 weeks!

ok, so for anyone who still needs a single ticket, let me know!

Debbie Brozyna
1/7/09 7:54 a.m.
amaff said: Question for my dad (who will be bringing his Vette): is there "guaranteed" parking in the GRM area, or will there be a few first come first serve spots? I got us all GRM Passes but he'd rather not park in the general infield and risk getting his baby dinged ;)

Anyone that bought a GRM Experience ticket receives a parking pass (and if you don't get it in your package, let me know) which allows parking in our enclosed parking area. The parking area does fill up at certain times, so my best advice would be to come earlier in the day, rather than later - especially on Saturday!

amaff
amaff HalfDork
1/7/09 9:11 a.m.

got it, thanks! :)

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
y4Wbjg45lSrLPhomWyidPlcELTesrE6ZrU0WIT69sHioH1KvJHqe5jMpUR5p91Bq