Flynlow
Flynlow Dork
5/16/24 11:27 p.m.

Hi All,

Just wondering if the GRM family could chime in with any updates to threads like these:

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/anyone-have-a-relible-car-transport-recommendation/241685/page1/

With known good shippers in 2024?  I'd like to talk to a "real person" vs. the broker-fest on uship. 

Situation:  My friend and I found a decent deal on a pair of race cars near Laguna Seca.  We'd like to bring both cars to VA if we can do so economically.  They're about the size of NA miatas, and a little lighter (est. 1200-1500lbs with the drivetrains out).  Both are currently rollers, one engine/transmission included but out of the car, and a box or two of spares.  Given the more complicated loading, and the spares, I'm guessing it'll need a more specialized quote than just "DD from one coast to another", and probably have to go enclosed. 

Thanks for any help you can offer!

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) UltimaDork
5/17/24 5:32 a.m.

A&M Elite Transport Services.  The contact is Michelle.  864-395-9277.  They are a mom and pop broker and she has shipped at least 30 cars for me over the past 5 years.  Never let me down.  Ever.  She is super responsive, well priced and keeps you informed.  Tell her that Steve from GA sent you.

Flynlow
Flynlow Dork
5/17/24 11:07 a.m.

In reply to SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) :

Thanks!  Called this morning and left a message, we'll see what she says. 

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia UberDork
5/17/24 12:21 p.m.
Flynlow said:

Thanks!  Called this morning and left a message, we'll see what she says. 

Are you shipping them enclosed or open ?

Please let us know what she says , always looking for a good shipping contact

Good Luck

codrus (Forum Supporter)
codrus (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/17/24 1:45 p.m.

The three big, well-known ones are still InterCity, PlyCar, and Reliable.  They own the trucks and employ the drivers, no contractor sketchiness, these are the companies that bring most of the cars to/from Monterey in August for "the weekend".  I've used Reliable twice in the past and they've been great.

5/17/24 2:10 p.m.

Hopefully she called you by now. She told me she was going to call you in a few minutes.

Flynlow
Flynlow Dork
5/17/24 7:00 p.m.

She did, very productive conversation.  Working on a quote, should hopefully have more info early next week.  Thanks again for the referral!

Flynlow
Flynlow Dork
6/26/24 4:18 p.m.

Bumping, the cars arrived today, everything worked out great, and Michelle is a rockstar.  Would happily work with her again.

amg_rx7 (Forum Supporter)
amg_rx7 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
6/26/24 7:25 p.m.

Need pics!

6/26/24 8:19 p.m.

I'm thrilled it worked out.  Michelle is indeed a rock star!

johndej
johndej UltraDork
6/26/24 8:46 p.m.

Build thread?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sIy1JjKMVHzYtlDCx6Pc2HhBC9HLbsNZpOz9pFnjd4by4iMakzd7kxNCey3MJ949