1 2
4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury UltimaDork
8/20/12 8:13 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote: Where do you get parts for these things?

Everyone knows the best Studebaker restoration parts are found powering turbodiesel Dodge trucks.

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas HalfDork
8/20/12 11:29 p.m.

And with his little brother's Stude:

No pictures of the inside, unfortunately, but I assure you, it is a gloriously cobbled-together conglomeration of unlikely pieces.

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/21/12 6:01 a.m.
93EXCivic wrote:
BradLTL wrote: Did you buy?
Guy said the earliest that he would be available for us to look at it was Thursday. I don't want to wait that long.

One of Craigslist's great mysteries- Why post an ad 4 days before you can bother to actually sell it?

93EXCivic
93EXCivic UltimaDork
8/21/12 7:18 a.m.
logdog wrote:
93EXCivic wrote:
BradLTL wrote: Did you buy?
Guy said the earliest that he would be available for us to look at it was Thursday. I don't want to wait that long.
One of Craigslist's great mysteries- Why post an ad 4 days before you can bother to actually sell it?

True story. But my friend called him and said we wanted to buy it so put it us first in line and if there were no huge rust issues. one of us would buy it.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic UltimaDork
8/21/12 7:18 a.m.

Anyone know if these a 6V or 12V trucks?

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
8/21/12 9:06 a.m.

YESYESYES

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 Dork
8/21/12 9:05 p.m.

It is entertaining to see your AutoADD up close. Living vicariously through you. But if it falls through and you miss out, just look at it this way. More to spend on the other projects just sitting and growing.

fritzsch
fritzsch Reader
8/21/12 9:45 p.m.

Ad has been deleted, do you still have a spot in line or whats going on?

93EXCivic
93EXCivic UltimaDork
8/22/12 7:42 a.m.
fritzsch wrote: Ad has been deleted, do you still have a spot in line or whats going on?

We are supposed to still. Let me find out...

93EXCivic
93EXCivic UltimaDork
8/22/12 7:59 a.m.
wlkelley3 wrote: It is entertaining to see your AutoADD up close. Living vicariously through you. But if it falls through and you miss out, just look at it this way. More to spend on the other projects just sitting and growing.

True story. Any chance you want to buy a '79 Benz? I will sell to you cheap and then I would have even more money to spend on my projects.

But seriously I was planning on getting something like a wagon that could haul a bit of stuff and that I could autocross... A '49 Studebaker truck matches that description perfectly right?

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 Dork
8/22/12 8:13 p.m.

In reply to 93EXCivic: LOL!! Got too many projects myself, not nearly as much as you do though. The Opel GT that's never completely finished (are they ever? But it does run & drive), 63 MG Midget, a Miata I'm trying to make track capable (SWMBO is fighting this ) and an XS650. Not even mentioning the F150 that I'd like to get rid of. It needs some work also. Or the RX8 DD that I'd like to make better autocrosser, needs good shocks. Already has Mazdaspeed springs on it. And dumping $$ into the house, gonna have it completely re-sided with vinyl siding to get rid of that pos masonite siding that is falling apart (Hardyboard is big $$) and rebuild the back deck.

`49 Stude truck would make a nice hauler. Autocrosser? Ri-i-ght! Good way to build up your arm strength. Could use the truck to haul our EuroBrit car show stuff though.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic UltimaDork
8/23/12 8:28 a.m.

In reply to wlkelley3:

Hey I only have three projects. Since I am not bothering with the W123.

Looks like I missed the truck though.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic UltimaDork
8/23/12 11:41 a.m.
wlkelley3 wrote: Not even mentioning the F150 that I'd like to get rid of. It needs some work also.

Contact me about the F150 if you get a chance.

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 Dork
8/25/12 8:00 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote:
wlkelley3 wrote: Not even mentioning the F150 that I'd like to get rid of. It needs some work also.
Contact me about the F150 if you get a chance.

PM sent.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HdMSEMwxZr41koMPjgKfDcG2yy0rD9H04x5SEpFsFaQR7861oMrGWG0eez1Ro0fy