1 2
mattmacklind
mattmacklind UltimaDork
9/23/12 8:47 a.m.

Haven't figured out how to hotline with the apple air book, but TR7, X1/9 and the last of the Cavaliers and Sunfires are always tempting as cheap wheels.

I'm actually seriously looking for a mid 60's Rambler, but I think those are pretty universally legit if unloved.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy UltimaDork
9/23/12 9:05 a.m.
Sultan wrote: I know this is wrong.....

1st legal road going vehicle I ever drove. damn thing hopped if it was about to stall

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/23/12 9:10 a.m.
alex wrote: What's not to like? Whale Shark grille (hell, Whale Shark size), funky 70's color, a giant V8 capable of pulling tree stumps and drinking like a sailor on leave, AND long roof goodness! Sign me up!

They didn't put giant engines in the LTD. I think the largest you could get was only a 400, or maybe just the 351 (W or C, they were indiscriminate).

I had a T-bird of the same year. Same chassis, just a little more wheelbase. 429 engine. It'd get 24mpg on the open road. Oddly enough, this is also the same fuel economy that a bridge ported 13B can get, apparently. But the 13B doesn't make as much power...

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Intern
9/23/12 9:11 a.m.

Heavy, expensive, frames brake in half, etc. But I want one. See also: early 90s F350 with 7.3 diesel.

No clue why, but I want one of these, too!

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/23/12 9:15 a.m.
Tom Suddard wrote: No clue why, but I want one of these, too!

Ugh. I had one of those. Only car that made me HAPPY to see leave, instead of sad.

Flight Service
Flight Service SuperDork
9/23/12 10:41 a.m.
Tom Suddard wrote: Heavy, expensive, frames brake in half, etc. But I want one. See also: early 90s F350 with 7.3 diesel.

The frames don't break they just bend a little. There are aftermarket plates to fix the issue, but there is a certain style jump you have to hit to get it to do it. From what I understand it is in excess of 80 mph. (I think it is amazing that Ford built a truck that stock does 120 off road comfortably.)

If GRM ever starts doing off-road point to point stock rallys in the south west that would be a great weapon.

share your love of the 7.3 power stroke. That thing would move a mountain if you could get a chain hooked up to it.

phaze1todd
phaze1todd Reader
9/23/12 10:54 a.m.

I had one of these. . . valvetrain ate itself after 50,000. . . why do miss it so? Go ahead, ask someone within the owners group if there is a swap kit for 5.0 or 350. They will address you as if you have two heads.

Are you kidding me? The hot ticket for shocks is to make your own and they're called "Phoni's"!

Flight Service
Flight Service SuperDork
9/23/12 11:31 a.m.

I would like to amend my OP. I love all Land Rovers with the exception of ones that have been done like this:

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
9/23/12 4:14 p.m.

B-O-P FWD coupes.

And I have never been in a GM car with ergonomics that work for me.

And I have a special bit of hatred in my heart for working on the 3100 V6

Also PTs. I love them, but gas kills those for me.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
9/23/12 6:12 p.m.
mutant wrote:
John Brown wrote: Three words: Rotary GLC Turbo.
OH HELL YEAH! and then some!

I want mine with a turbocharged Miata drivetrain instead of a rotary, but yeah a GLC is on my list to own again.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
9/23/12 6:15 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote:

Sperlo, I thought these were cars we liked, but shouldn't like. RS-200's are cars we like that we should like as far as I can tell.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 Reader
9/23/12 6:41 p.m.

mini-trucks.

Rxbalt
Rxbalt New Reader
9/24/12 2:00 a.m.

I can't explain why I like them either.

phaze1todd wrote:

Glad I'm not the only one.

CLNSC3
CLNSC3 HalfDork
9/24/12 3:13 a.m.

Besides several of the cars above, I love samurais...

ZOO
ZOO GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/24/12 5:41 a.m.

This. But lowered, and with bigger wheels and tires.

Of course, I am a high school teacher, so there is something that appeals to me about this ride that I can't quite put my finger on.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/24/12 8:16 a.m.

Strange I know, but if I could find a clean one of these I would buy it.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
9/24/12 8:23 a.m.

Yugo. The butt of about every automotive joke ever.

Range Rover Classic. Not what you would call reliable.

XFR. No manual. No longer the classic Jag straight six.

The_Jed
The_Jed HalfDork
9/24/12 9:40 a.m.
ZOO wrote: This. But lowered, and with bigger wheels and tires. Of course, I am a high school teacher, so there is something that appeals to me about this ride that I can't quite put my finger on.

ZOO
ZOO GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/24/12 11:19 a.m.
The_Jed wrote:
ZOO wrote: This. But lowered, and with bigger wheels and tires. Of course, I am a high school teacher, so there is something that appeals to me about this ride that I can't quite put my finger on.
I prefer to think of myself this way:

And I also love this unconditionally:

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/24/12 12:48 p.m.

Hey what's wrong with Samurais? I own one, there's no shame.

Now what do I like that I shouldn't?

Shifts horribly, expensive, actually not that good on gas...but I still like them for some reason.

Autolex
Autolex Dork
9/24/12 1:30 p.m.

I want the CL65 AMG 12 Cylinder Twin Turbo variant though... (600hp/735 lb/ft of torque)

mainlandboy
mainlandboy New Reader
9/24/12 2:51 p.m.

My guilty pleasure is the PT Cruiser.

ST_ZX2
ST_ZX2 HalfDork
9/24/12 2:55 p.m.

Fit_Is_Slo (ceasarromero)
Fit_Is_Slo (ceasarromero) HalfDork
9/24/12 10:02 p.m.

I need this + This

1 2