1 2 3
akylekoz
akylekoz UltraDork
5/4/24 9:43 p.m.

Ah, Road America, been to many a vintage race there.  A very special place for my late father and I.

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/4/24 11:01 p.m.

My summer home:  (not actually my photo, but this guy is a better photographer then I am)

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/4/24 11:02 p.m.

Maine.

akylekoz
akylekoz UltraDork
5/4/24 11:21 p.m.

Ahh, bahh habahh.   Visited once, stayed on thah ahland.  Ate a lot of lahbstah.

Boost_Crazy
Boost_Crazy Dork
5/4/24 11:38 p.m.

You guys inspired me to go to my happy place so I did...

codrus (Forum Supporter)
codrus (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/5/24 1:51 a.m.

Sonoma Raceway, NASA ST4 starting grid, green flag just dropped.  Yeah, being on pole would be happier, but P3 was fine. :)

preach
preach GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/5/24 6:49 a.m.

Just behind that green sliding door is the happiest place I can be in. It's called the Toilet because there is always a piece of E36 M3 in it but the zen that is in there is amazing.

ddavidv
ddavidv UltimaDork
5/5/24 7:28 a.m.

I used to say it was here:

But these days it's here:

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
5/5/24 8:55 a.m.

Family and a big ol car.

Purple Frog
Purple Frog GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/5/24 10:48 a.m.

Thinking back over the last decade... lots of happy places, but really, after a long day the front porch at sunset probably is #1.

lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter)
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) Dork
5/5/24 11:03 a.m.

Many decades ago I would say that it was my time I was in the drivers seat of anything on-track. No matter what it was, just being on-track with others having fun was bliss. As I got older and we purchased our dream property and built our dream house, I now enjoy sitting in my old skidsteer improving the property. I've done all of the land prep, grading, hardscape work, stone landscaping and walls. Just yesterday I was out picking landscape boulders for some upcoming work. It only goes 3mph, but the amount of work it gets done is unbelievable. I think what has changed is that driving/racing was done alone and for myself. Once I found the right person to share my life with, everything that I try to do is for "us". She does more for me than I could ever do for her, so making the house and property everything that she would or could ever want is the most rewarding thing I do right now. The damn skidsteer, believe it or not, helps me accomplish that.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
5/5/24 11:38 a.m.

I am not this kid. This is not my kid. But this whole moment explains why I live where I do. 

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
5/5/24 12:01 p.m.

Beaver Creek State Park in eastern Ohio. Mostly because my family loves it, but it is also great for me too. My other happy place:

my shop, not the jet ski. That's just the latest in a line of ill advised projects. 

wspohn
wspohn UltraDork
5/5/24 12:33 p.m.

My happy place is my back yard (a river runs through it)

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/5/24 1:57 p.m.

In reply to akylekoz :

An hour and a half north of you west of Baldwin north of 10. Between Branch and Irons, it's technically an Irons address but not close to "town"

ShawnG
ShawnG MegaDork
5/5/24 2:37 p.m.

My front yard.

Tom1200
Tom1200 PowerDork
5/5/24 5:22 p.m.

Picking just one is tough.

MyMiatas
MyMiatas Dork
5/5/24 6:05 p.m.
Appleseed said:

I figured out why.... it has a box of happy Kleenex on the tank not a sad Kleenex. :0D

ClearWaterMS
ClearWaterMS HalfDork
5/6/24 9:05 a.m.

As i looked through everybody's pictures and read the descriptions i had a few thoughts

1. what is my happy place?  I have lots of places that I find comforting, places I enjoy spending time, and people I enjoy spending time with but there is no one place that encompasses that. 

I enjoy playing golf by myself on a summer morning; walking down a fairway after a good shot with a set of clubs strapped to my back and a thermos of coffee in my hand.  

2. the other one was how NOBODY 2 pages in made a dirty joke, how is nobody posting a picture of a messed up bed, walk of shame hair, etc. as their happy place?  

stafford1500
stafford1500 GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/6/24 12:36 p.m.

NASA Visible Earth: ISS View of the Southwestern USA

It quiet, cool, and, not too crowded. Plus the view is great.

akylekoz
akylekoz UltraDork
5/6/24 12:41 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Good dirt biking in that area.  My river place is just outside of Pentwater.

Captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/6/24 12:41 p.m.

ClearWaterMS
ClearWaterMS HalfDork
5/6/24 12:45 p.m.
stafford1500 said:

NASA Visible Earth: ISS View of the Southwestern USA

It quiet, cool, and, not too crowded. Plus the view is great.

if you're quietly bragging that you're an astronaut that is FREAKING cool...  and you win...

however, i'm pretty sure the food isn't great, the flight to get there can be a bit bumpy, and for most is prohibitively expensive

Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter)
Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/6/24 4:01 p.m.

It's a rental at the moment (we're discussing making an offer on the place) but we currently live in my happy place.  Here are some pictures from last weekend:

And out the back gate, there's nothin but farmland as far as you can see.

Our village is only about 220 people total, and it is 100% the Andy Griffith sort of place you would expect it to be.  Everyone waves, and the neighbors bring you beer when they see you working in the garden.

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/6/24 4:11 p.m.

Cycling was my happy place, but the last few rides I've done brought me no joy.  My cars frustrate me. Music is frustrating.  Work is draining. 

I don't have a happy place.  

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sApOuIMTeTPZVNAFVvPn13FpflxwAImZtb1mmOVJZNecINRrVYMUlBSU5Ife7ipM