1 2 3

In reply to Ian F (Forum Supporter) :

Sorry to hear that. Your in PA, so if you ever plan on making it up to the northeast corner of the state, send me a message. We can fire up the pizza oven, grab a few beers and make a few pies. We do it most every nice weekend and it's a fun way to spend relaxing time with family and friends. Open invite to anyone in the area!!! 

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones UltraDork
5/6/24 7:23 p.m.

Right here, with a few cold beers. 

kb58
kb58 UltraDork
5/6/24 8:58 p.m.

When I saw the thread title, I thought, no point posting because everyone will have already posted pics of their workshop." Huh, how can I be the first? Misplaced priorities, apparently. Mill, lathe, CNC router, 3D printer, belt grinder, band saw, TIG welder - and retired. I'm very happy in there.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
5/6/24 9:58 p.m.

In reply to kb58 :

You have cooler E36 M3 than I do. I have a box of hand tools and a sticker cutter lol. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/6/24 10:16 p.m.

looking out my bedroom door when we had the island in Discovery Bay.

The current neighborhood. All summer long there will be a fire at one of the circled houses, smokers full of meat, coolers full of beer, and music blasting. Everybody gets along, everybody has a good time. 

ShawnG
ShawnG MegaDork
5/6/24 11:54 p.m.

In reply to Ian F (Forum Supporter) :

Maybe you need a couple days, by yourself, away from everything. Just shut off the phone and unplug from everything for a little while. 

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/7/24 1:23 a.m.

My cabin and my garage. It's a shame how often I forget how good I have it.

Something like this:

Out in the fields and hills, road to myself, moving down the road at a fast cruise.

stroker
stroker PowerDork
5/9/24 10:17 a.m.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/9/24 10:35 a.m.

akylekoz
akylekoz UltraDork
5/9/24 12:24 p.m.

In reply to stroker :

Me too.

Tom1200
Tom1200 PowerDork
5/9/24 11:22 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

Eeeeeeeeee.........no way I'm going that close to a cliff. Even to take a picture.

Ian F (Forum Supporter) said:

Cycling was my happy place, but the last few rides I've done brought me no joy.  My cars frustrate me. Music is frustrating.  Work is draining. 

I don't have a happy place.  

This is not good...

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/10/24 10:00 a.m.
wspohn said:

My happy place is my back yard (a river runs through it)

That is gorgeous. Whereabouts is it?

Chris Tropea
Chris Tropea Associate Editor
5/10/24 11:17 a.m.

84FSP
84FSP PowerDork
5/10/24 11:49 a.m.

One of many but was last weekend.

ShawnG
ShawnG MegaDork
5/12/24 6:31 p.m.

Feels pretty good after being off the road for over a year.

spandak
spandak Dork
5/13/24 12:55 a.m.

In reply to ShawnG :

Love me some Guzzi

Its irrational, but the blue Veglias were part of the reason I bought mine. 

What bars are those?

VolvoHeretic
VolvoHeretic GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/13/24 1:00 a.m.

My happy place is Lake Sakakawea behind Garrison Dam on the Missouri River for the last 60 years. Third largest reservoir in the USA. Best Walleye fishery in North America. Maybe the World? Not that I fish anymore though. 

Edit: It's a Happy Place but also a Curse because it's a second home so we mostly just do chores and only look at the water.

ShawnG
ShawnG MegaDork
5/13/24 1:14 a.m.

In reply to spandak :

Norman Hyde "M" bars. My favorite. 

More comfortable than clip-ons and better looking than ace bars.

What Guzzi do you have?

golfduke
golfduke Dork
5/13/24 9:29 a.m.
RevRico said:

looking out my bedroom door when we had the island in Discovery Bay.

The current neighborhood. All summer long there will be a fire at one of the circled houses, smokers full of meat, coolers full of beer, and music blasting. Everybody gets along, everybody has a good time. 

I laughed at this photo pretty hard.  Like, those two houses in the middle but not in the circle? screw those people, hahaha.  I'm sure they're fine, and I totally get what you're saying about finding a great neighborhood-  I just chuckled about the two exclusions.  

wspohn
wspohn UltraDork
5/13/24 10:01 a.m.
dyintorace said:
wspohn said:

My happy place is my back yard (a river runs through it)

That is gorgeous. Whereabouts is it?

Seymour River in North Vancouver BC.  Great fun watching the bald Eagles fishing for salmon.

The opposite side toward the road is full of cars, of course (down to only 6 now)

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2SB8QgjZxKHQ1QN62fTlpO5RwoduySvTJM7dSFq1scpkKucVcd8JjGf3Ouf1mfNq