1 2
David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/22/14 10:19 p.m.

Put me down as a fan of Razo knobs, too. I had this one in my '92 Civic Si and really liked it: http://www.carmate-usa.com/html_razo/razo_shift_m_wrspec.htm

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
4/22/14 10:26 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens:

Your knob looks so soft and subtle.

Ditchdigger
Ditchdigger UltraDork
4/22/14 10:39 p.m.
turboswede wrote: The weighted knob I installed in the 951: Made a huge difference in shifter feel.

Cool. I have this one installed in the Triumph but have never used it. The closeout store down the street had a huge bin of Razo knobs for $4 each a few years ago. I grabbed a bunch of the least 90's tuner looking ones and gave all away but that one.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/22/14 10:43 p.m.

I once visited Razo/Carmate while visiting Tokyo. For fun, the employees took us for spirited drives through Tokyo. The rest of us played with r/c cars in the warehouse. It fun, laid-back time.

Racer1ab
Racer1ab Dork
4/23/14 12:17 a.m.

I saw something similar to this in a hotrod catalog and kinda want it for the Mazda.

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
4/23/14 12:45 a.m.

The stock one in my civic is rather oddly shaped, but not uncomfortable. That said, I would like to swap it out with a nice weighted black ball, but it also has the issue of getting it to work with the boot.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
4/23/14 8:15 a.m.

In reply to Racer1ab:

Whats a "county prison"?

fidelity101
fidelity101 Dork
4/23/14 8:23 a.m.

I have a friend's uncle who doesn't like spending time with his family and prefers the solitude of his wood work shop, so he made me this for the rx7:

(back when it had a nice interior too)

so for the suburban, during most of its major restoration I had been working at a supplier for the BIG 3 (DTNA, Volvo, Navistar) and used a big rig shifter we had laying around.

It drives like a semi truck, it shifts like a semi truck. Might as well look more like one! It has an air line that threads into the bottom so I just drilled it one size bigger, tapped it and tossed a bolt in. Drilled a hole in the bolt and threaded it for the pattern on the shifter lever and BAM.

Rad_Capz
Rad_Capz HalfDork
4/23/14 8:30 a.m.

[URL=http://s240.photobucket.com/user/NOTATA/media/Firebird/bird004.jpg.html][/URL]

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
E85KWI3GqYxJ3aQGqR1ubrO7kKlh48uKBgunnw4Y1WUiZqw8SdqwgFIhRAqqUWbx