1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 48
Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/15/19 12:08 a.m.

a wall switch lock to keep my son from turning the fan on and off ( at least until he breaks that lock off and I have to rewire it properly).

Some router templates for making rounded corners of various sizes:

gonna use them on the second "learning tower" I'm building so the kids won't fight over the first one I built.

A Duplo compatible 2CV body because I have a 3D printer and it's fun to make stuff for sometimes.

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
12/15/19 2:58 a.m.

In reply to TheGloriousW :

Prophets of Rage?

JesseWolfe
JesseWolfe Reader
12/15/19 8:29 a.m.

The shirt, not the kid, though I did help make that too.

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
12/15/19 1:30 p.m.

New bracket for the license plate on the datsun

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap Dork
12/15/19 2:21 p.m.

In reply to JoeyM :

Your is fancier version than mine. 

classicJackets
classicJackets Dork
12/23/19 7:58 p.m.

Future address plaque for the in-laws new home. Fiance had the idea tonight, whipped this much up in about an hour and a half. 

minivan_racer
minivan_racer UberDork
12/23/19 8:43 p.m.

3d printed coat hooks and a piece of leftover cedar from the garden boxes I built earlier this year.  It took 2.5 years but I finally made that coat rack I said I would.

classicJackets
classicJackets Dork
12/26/19 4:06 p.m.

Started making this for my BIL 2 years ago when I was in school and had access to the water jet. Had someone weld it earlier this year and finally got around to polishing it on my giant buffer today. Letters sanded to 300 grit, neck of the guitar to 1500 grit. 

He has started building guitars out of a homebuilt shed in his backyard, and they're beautiful so this will be a cool piece to (I hope) help him advertise!

Recon1342
Recon1342 HalfDork
12/26/19 9:41 p.m.

In reply to classicJackets :

Looks fantastic!

white_fly
white_fly HalfDork
12/26/19 10:19 p.m.

In reply to classicJackets :

I have a bad case of buffer envy!

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
12/27/19 8:01 a.m.

Our son had a wimpy little bit of wire with a handle to poke his patio fire pit.  I made a "chip hook" of a wood file handle and 1/4" rod.  For Christmas I made him a larger version for the big fire hole in the woods behind the house, next to the Bocci court.  4 ft. of 1/2" steel with a cooling type handle cannibalized from another project.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
12/28/19 7:55 a.m.

The Cadiminno has a huge bustle around the back, I can barely lift it.  It's made of 1/2" square tube and covered in steel and aluminum sheet, it's also dumb looking.

If you see a bed frame on the side of the road, pick it up.  I forked out $40 for some expanded metal but everything else was free.  I'm using old lap belt buckles for clasps.  (1960s seat belts for you younger guys).

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/28/19 10:53 a.m.

i made a custom pushbar for this kids scoot walker thing. He's going to Disney world today. This is at least the third time I've done this. 

johnnytorque
johnnytorque Reader
12/28/19 10:59 a.m.

Catch can for my now sold 944 Turbo.

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
12/28/19 12:59 p.m.

Im broke. So food it is.

RoddyMac17
RoddyMac17 Reader
1/14/20 9:22 a.m.

I built a finger pincher over the weekend.  It still requires some fine tuning and does need the anvils polished, but it does stretch metal.

Rod

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/3/20 11:06 p.m.

I made a huge tonsil stone! 

kb58
kb58 SuperDork
2/4/20 8:32 a.m.

Ewww, TMI!

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
2/4/20 9:20 a.m.

In reply to Javelin :

Unsubscribe

ScottyB
ScottyB Reader
2/4/20 11:08 a.m.

you guys do some amazing stuff (aside from that nightmare-fuel tonsil alien, lol).  i'd love to get good at metalworking/welding at some point in my life.

i get into a little bit of everything:

end grain cutting board made with goncalo, purple heart, hard maple, and ipe. 

picture frame in chechen with inlaid maple.  as pretty as it is, that chechen will put up a mean fight with your blades and sanders.

tap-handle style magnetic bottle opener with an inlaid coaster for father's day (my dad's favorite brewery).  had to test on it, because science...and thirst

5x8 camper i finished in october.  took about 3 years to build.  sleeps 2 adults and a kid (in a loft over our legs) and we're gonna pull it all over the US.  happy to make a build thread if anyone cared.

Cayman GT4 i did for a gift to a buddy of mine.  finished in ink, marker, and colored pencil.

i've done a couple Blipshift shirts and do shirts for a couple other car clubs too, but no images at the moment.

Zissou
Zissou New Reader
2/4/20 12:46 p.m.

I used a WW2 spade grip from a M2 .50 cal and made an adapter that would use the original spade grip screw on top, but with the thread for my shift knob on the bottom. I've now got a wood shift knob with some history for the daily

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
2/4/20 1:29 p.m.

In reply to Zissou :

Arent there 2 of those per?  What would it take to get one for me? (A patriot and WW2 buff)

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/4/20 2:15 p.m.
ScottyB said:

you guys do some amazing stuff (aside from that nightmare-fuel tonsil alien, lol).  i'd love to get good at metalworking/welding at some point in my life.

i get into a little bit of everything:

end grain cutting board made with goncalo, purple heart, hard maple, and ipe. 

picture frame in chechen with inlaid maple.  as pretty as it is, that chechen will put up a mean fight with your blades and sanders.

tap-handle style magnetic bottle opener with an inlaid coaster for father's day (my dad's favorite brewery).  had to test on it, because science...and thirst

5x8 camper i finished in october.  took about 3 years to build.  sleeps 2 adults and a kid (in a loft over our legs) and we're gonna pull it all over the US.  happy to make a build thread if anyone cared.

Cayman GT4 i did for a gift to a buddy of mine.  finished in ink, marker, and colored pencil.

i've done a couple Blipshift shirts and do shirts for a couple other car clubs too, but no images at the moment.

Who are you?  This is like some level of grm superhero E36 M3.

You are seriously talented!

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/4/20 2:29 p.m.

I don't build custom fishing rods anymore, totally into autocross now.

Still baking, though! Raisin-date cinnamon swirl sourdough whole wheat.

ScottyB
ScottyB Reader
2/4/20 2:34 p.m.

In reply to wvumtnbkr :

too kind dude.  i'm a regular guy, i lean on youtube tutorials a lot, and you should see the pile of projects i've tried and failed at in spectacular fashion.

i see everyone else here the same way.  one of the things that makes GRM so fun is that you sorta have to be an inventor, fabricator, or just some kind of savant to get your average GRM-ish project to do racecar stuff.  its amazing to watch.

1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 48

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dLeHYwVKQZfqtCtlTN2K5h4kTt1FnTwfIQ8a0Icmt7JHsq4N612LJ01NBgSQFSKp