1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 48
neverdone
neverdone New Reader
2/11/20 5:56 p.m.

Public Safety Alert- Don't google tonsil stones.....

Recon1342
Recon1342 HalfDork
2/11/20 8:07 p.m.

In reply to neverdone :

That's not too bad. There are far worse things to google....

55fairlane
55fairlane New Reader
2/12/20 5:16 a.m.

Custom made F-150 lower control arm bushings I made

upload an image

What ya think?

Aaron

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/12/20 7:41 a.m.

Made this video for my YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ5RoAtGmlM&t=6s

Video is me and some friends putting a 440cc 2 stroke snowmobile engine onto a Go Kart. It rips!

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand New Reader
2/12/20 8:29 a.m.
55fairlane said:

upload an image

What ya think?

Aaron

Are those Delrin? They look good to me.

white_fly
white_fly HalfDork
2/12/20 9:00 a.m.

I made myself a ring. I really like it.

55fairlane
55fairlane New Reader
2/12/20 10:40 a.m.
CAinCA said:
55fairlane said:

upload an image

What ya think?

Aaron

Are those Delrin? They look good to me.

Yes delrin......i wish i would have had some stainless steel to make the inserts from

ScottyB
ScottyB Reader
2/12/20 11:27 a.m.
white_fly said:

damn that's cool.  is that sort of the same process to get that look as damascus steel?  i'm pretty ignorant to how it all works but i've seen knife blades that kind of share that look.

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand New Reader
2/12/20 1:35 p.m.
white_fly said:

Very cool. How'd you make the pattern on it? 

55fairlane
55fairlane New Reader
2/12/20 4:30 p.m.

Here is a welding fixture I made, this will part of a tubular lower control arm we are prototyping for Honda's. The boss is for the ball joint to drop into. 

The fixture is set at 12 1/2 degrees 

Aaron 

SkinnyG
SkinnyG UltraDork
2/17/20 12:21 a.m.

Saved Pops $1000 by changing his timing belt on his Honda Odyssey.  Had to make this tool to get the crank bolt off, including a trip into town to buy a 3/4-drive socket set (likely won't break with a pipe on it) and a new breaker bar (which broke with a pipe on it. Sadness - my breaker bar had been with me since 1985).

The stub on the handle butts against the frame so I don't have to hold it.

So glad I have a lathe and a mill and a welder and a stub of solid round steel....

Rufledt
Rufledt UberDork
2/17/20 8:51 a.m.

In progress shot but it's done now.  Small kiln/heat treat oven, capable of 2400f.  Made from crematorium bricks, a couple kiln elements, and a standalone controller made by orton.  The lid of the thing is out of shot.  Already tested to "cone 6", a heat work measurement common in ceramic firing.  Programmable digital controller means I can make it follow any temperature, ramp rate, hold profile I want.  I could fire porcelain then use it to bake a meatloaf if I want.  Super pumped that it worked.  

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
2/17/20 9:06 a.m.

I just made a great deuce.  That's all I got.  

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
2/17/20 9:20 a.m.

In reply to SkinnyG :

That's a beautiful tool.. would it break your heart to know they sell an off the shelf tool to do that for $20 or so? ;-)

SkinnyG
SkinnyG UltraDork
2/17/20 10:01 a.m.

I sent that pic to a buddy, who sent me a link to the tool off Amazon, for $20cdn.

For another $43 I could have gotten this THICK socket that has enough momentum to rattle the bolt out, to go with it.

Sigh.  Should have checked, but - it's skookum, I won't be breaking it.

Free is still always a good price.

karplus2
karplus2 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
2/18/20 9:35 a.m.

I was tired of storing all of my keys in a bowl so I made a key rack out of some scraps of plywood I had laying around.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/20/20 3:57 p.m.

I have an old computer I'm using as a HTPC, and even though it came with vibration-damping hard drive mounts, it still made the kind of guttural chunka-chunka noises you might've expected from a floor-mounted '70s mainframe hard drive. I had some bicycle inner tube bits lying around...first I tried replacing the vibration-isolating pins with a wrapping of rubber, that greatly reduced the noise but it still wasn't quiet enough for my satisfaction. Then I rigged up this suspension mount which brought the noise down to the quiet titter you might expect from a modern laptop.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
2/20/20 4:55 p.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH :

Well that sure is something! I usually use velcro, as ghetto as it sounds it does a pretty good job of being a soft mount.

And that is an old machine! I think I had one of those as my desktop, and replaced it near 9 years ago, and it was older then.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/20/20 5:31 p.m.

Yep it's super old, 720p H.264 is the best it can do smoothly, but that's most of my library.

79rex
79rex Reader
2/26/20 1:56 p.m.

All finished up with my biased knob.  I'm not sure I like it being all aluminum. I may make one out of delrin if I get time.

FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy HalfDork
2/26/20 2:00 p.m.

I made E46 seats fit in an E30.

3/16" flat stock with four imprecisly drilled holes, some more holes drilled in to the seat frame and voila.

These seats are actually pretty damn comfy. Much comfier than my E60 "sport" seats.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
2/26/20 2:37 p.m.

Stuff I have done recently ish:

Another crank lamp:

A lamp from pipe and a paint can:

A beehive - co-worker and I just cut the parts, I helped the kids at my son's school assemble and install it.

Cheap xmas tree V3.0

Railing cap out of garbage wood:

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
2/26/20 2:49 p.m.

Does this count? laugh

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
2/26/20 3:05 p.m.

Not as impressive as say, building a whole Porsche, surprise

but I did scratch build an N Scale stone double tunnel portal:

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/27/20 7:21 a.m.

In reply to FuzzWuzzy :

I have an e46 sport seat in my e28. Unfortunately just one right now. The passenger side that came with ended up being broken. Definitely a good option for seats though!

1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 48

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OD1HWUxInsVkh94FhAEzNg2Oabd1kahrKkQzp4io2txDW6XPoDg7LpGmtMAH6Mgv