golfduke HalfDork
2/27/20 10:34 a.m.

I made/make all of these-

wae
wae UltraDork
3/4/20 8:58 p.m.

For the grade schools big fundraiser this year I made:

Two giant Jenga games.  These have a twist, though:

Each set has 9 blocks that can hold a 1oz Jell-O shot.

And for people to place their bets for the Big Six wheel:

I made the dice dots by sinking a 2" forstner bit about 1/8 inch into the surface and then filling the hole most of the way with resin.  Pinstriping tape took care of the divider lines.

Now I can move on to the next project!

Recon1342
Recon1342 HalfDork
3/5/20 9:30 p.m.

Since my Dad no longer perambulates as well as he once did, I built him a handrail.
.0125"-wall  1 1/4" stainless handrail tubing, cleaned, brushed, and TIG welded to a fare-thee-well. Then mounted it to the concrete with welded 1/4" base plates and 3/8" x 4" anchor bolts. 

ScottyB
ScottyB Reader
3/6/20 11:34 a.m.
golfduke said:

I made/make all of these-

the glasses, flight board, and/or the brews?  it all looks amazing and i could definitely go for some of those in a couple hours.

golfduke
golfduke HalfDork
3/6/20 1:48 p.m.

The beers, and actually some of those flight boards too, now that you mention it, haha!

bigben
bigben Reader
3/7/20 10:58 p.m.

Tire trailer in progress. It is based on the small Northern Tool/Harbor Freight trailer kit that I bought on sale over Christmas break for $199.

It fits 245 Hoosiers quite nicely.

And will also fit two 18gallon tubs with room to spare.

I'll probably do a build thread when it is all done.

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
3/10/20 10:12 p.m.
bigben said:

Tire trailer in progress. It is based on the small Northern Tool/Harbor Freight trailer kit that I bought on sale over Christmas break for $199.

It fits 245 Hoosiers quite nicely.

And will also fit two 18gallon tubs with room to spare.

I'll probably do a build thread when it is all done.

That's really nice.  

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
3/10/20 10:24 p.m.

Now that my Datsun replicas street legal, I'm finally getting to use the tsukamaki gear selector that I made back in 2013.  The kashira/button is rubbing as is it is depressed into the tsuba-looking gear selector, so the paint will eventually need touching up. I'm happy with how it came out, though.

bigben
bigben Reader
3/10/20 10:44 p.m.

In reply to JoeyM :

Thanks. I've got less than $300 out of pocket into it so far.  Kit $199, new 13" tires $90, bed frame angle iron and square tube from an old weight bench attachment - free.

J0nesy
J0nesy New Reader
3/11/20 6:14 a.m.

Display and test stand for a chain binder for the sales team at work.

Air bag simulates the squish of pneumatic tires on industrial equipment when you chain them down

79rex
79rex Reader
3/21/20 7:17 p.m.

Finished up a short throw shifter, added speed holes for coolness points

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve HalfDork
3/21/20 7:58 p.m.
79rex said:

Do you have trained metal eating termites?

Wow!

Like how long did that take?

79rex
79rex Reader
3/21/20 8:23 p.m.

In reply to Bent-Valve :

i have a beast of a 1940s drill press at work.  It ate it up with little effort

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa HalfDork
3/22/20 9:07 p.m.

Combine 12 hours of printing with PETG with two cheap-o LED lights from Amazon, win

Before:

After (there's one light above my head as well as the one above the work bench)

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/23/20 6:11 a.m.

A scrap iron metal brake.

Very basic.

malibuguy
malibuguy GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/23/20 6:59 a.m.

Custom 304ss header i built for a customer the other week.

Then the week before that this custom 304ss exhaust for a Boxster

frenchyd
frenchyd PowerDork
3/23/20 1:16 p.m.

In reply to malibuguy :

I'm building a bookshelf with my Granddaughter using Black walnut and the 2 sides are live edges. 

Apis Mellifera
Apis Mellifera Dork
3/27/20 7:08 p.m.

I finished making this today:

I've made a number of these flintlocks over the years, but this one has the best curl yet.  Sadly, I cut down another maple and only after starting to split it for firewood did I discover the wood was better still. 

I used a brass lock and the barrel is swamped, both firsts on a gun I've built. 

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand New Reader
3/31/20 10:57 p.m.

Tonight's quarantine project was a BXA dial indicator holder for my lathe. This will drop right on to my quick change tool post. The indicator can be reversed on the holder so I can check runout on the OD or the face of a part.

spandak
spandak HalfDork
4/1/20 12:34 p.m.
malibuguy said:

Custom 304ss header i built for a customer the other week.

Then the week before that this custom 304ss exhaust for a Boxster

Ohhh pretty

Did the Boxster drone after that or anything? I hear rumors that a non droning exhaust that isn't stock doesn't exist 

ScottyB
ScottyB Reader
4/1/20 1:06 p.m.
Apis Mellifera said:

oh my goodness.

ScottyB
ScottyB Reader
4/7/20 2:56 p.m.

put together a horizontal rod holder for some of my poppop's antique bamboo rods that he passed down to me before he passed.  the rods looks a bit noodle-y sitting there right now but will straighten and balance out once i get their reels installed.  black walnut with Tried & True Original Wood Finish (a linseed + beeswax rub on combo that i love) and installed on the 50 degree wall over my couch in our over-the-garage bonus room.

top to bottom: Kiraku Grampus, Wright & McGill, and a cheap little Prince pole (no guides, just a little loop at the end to tie a couple feet of line to).

Brotus7
Brotus7 HalfDork
4/7/20 3:51 p.m.
79rex said:

Do I spy, with my little eye, a combination of a Neon and Toyota shifter?  Where's it going?

Brotus7
Brotus7 HalfDork
4/7/20 3:53 p.m.
CAinCA said:

Tonight's quarantine project was a BXA dial indicator holder for my lathe. This will drop right on to my quick change tool post. The indicator can be reversed on the holder so I can check runout on the OD or the face of a part.

GENIUS!

Toyman01 (Forum Supporter)
Toyman01 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/7/20 5:13 p.m.

Leaf spring hangers to run a Datsun Roadster rear axle and springs under a Datsun B210. 

1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 48

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cpKQGLUyR603aBSFUmelCfUGKMFBOdUB4jdylrGRmA0VQf15kLzTHGebFNpAxua9