1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 20
frenchyd
frenchyd PowerDork
4/10/20 3:46 p.m.

In reply to Karacticus :

Except the first picture tells how I finished. The second picture  showed the competition. 

Blazer178
Blazer178 New Reader
4/10/20 5:37 p.m.

this is back in 2009 at the  Polish Mt Hill Climb in Flintstone Maryland 

Blazer178
Blazer178 New Reader
4/10/20 5:40 p.m.

This is what i am running nowadays and this is at  Mt Okemo Hill Climb

Feedyurhed said:
Jordan Rimpela (Forum Unterstützer) said:

That's right, show us a picture of you driving the figurative wheels off of your car. I don't know about everyone else, but I'm willing to bet you miss driving your cars in a sporting fashion just as much as I do, so let's all live vicariously through our past outings. 

I'll start with things in a bizarro world where I drove my Mercedes 300SDL at 10/10ths around Daytona:

Awesome pics Jordan. I am a bit of an old Benz fan. Just curious.......how did she do?

Honestly, the W126 is surprisingly competent on track. Given my lack of power I was absolutely balls to the wall keeping pace with the E39 M5 in front of me; thankfully he wasn't driving all out. 

The most surprising bit? Taking the racing line through the bus stop, the Benz had no issues playing with the curbs. That, and approaching 100mph on the banking is sublime. 

paul_s0
paul_s0 Reader
4/10/20 6:31 p.m.

Oooo I like this..

Most of these photos reproduced courtesy of M&H Photography, an awesome motorsport snapper in the UK, top bloke and real enthusiast:

Some of my more bizarre options, my 406 commuter on a targa rally:

My diesel Citroen BX (took the class win that night!)

My diesel E36 on a targa:

My Triumph Dolomite on stage around 20 years ago..

paul_s0
paul_s0 Reader
4/10/20 6:41 p.m.

My AW11 on a targa:

Tom1200
Tom1200 Dork
4/10/20 6:42 p.m.

So many great photos this has to be one of the best posts ever.

buzzboy
buzzboy Dork
4/10/20 6:59 p.m.

In reply to Jordan Rimpela (Forum Unterstützer) :

Cornering is the most amazing thing about driving these old Benzes. They're not the fastest but the stability and handling at speed are amazing. I curb hop the highest speed part of CMP every lap and the car doesn't notice. I've not gotten up to 100 though, you've got a little power on me.

NermalSnert (Forum Supporter)
NermalSnert (Forum Supporter) Reader
4/10/20 7:49 p.m.

At Memphis/Millington last march. Pic cred: Jane Absolom.

bluescooby
bluescooby Reader
4/10/20 8:00 p.m.

The Abarth I owned until yesterday, autocrossing

And running at Atlanta Motorsports Park

NoviceClass
NoviceClass New Reader
4/10/20 8:15 p.m.
Karacticus said:
NoviceClass said:

Didn't stay in front for very long...

I've got a picture like that as well!

Do you think anyone would believe us if the story we told was that we just passed them?

I wouldn't trust the judgement of anyone who did.

LanEvo
LanEvo GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/10/20 8:31 p.m.
snailmont5oh
snailmont5oh Dork
4/10/20 8:36 p.m.
NOT A TA
NOT A TA SuperDork
4/10/20 9:15 p.m.

[URL=https://s240.photobucket.com/user/NOTATA/media/Firebird/Scan_Pic0019.jpg.html][/URL]

thatsnowinnebago (Forum Supporter)
thatsnowinnebago (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/10/20 10:49 p.m.

Solidly mid-pack last year at Portland International Raceway when we still had autocross. 

codrus (Forum Supporter)
codrus (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/10/20 11:25 p.m.

First the two track cars I've owned.  The Miata at Laguna:

And the M3 at Laguna:

Other cars... I took my first Audi (B5 S4) to Laguna, once.  Never again.  Set the brakes on fire and chunked the tires.  This was in Y2K:

The second Audi (B6 S4 Avant) never got out on track, although I did autocross it a few times.  No pictures though.  The current Audi (C7 S6) hasn't done anything motorsporty.

No track days for the FD (I don't want to break it), but it has gone autocrossing a couple times.  Alas, no action shots, just paddock photos:

Mike (Forum Supporter)
Mike (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/11/20 12:27 a.m.

I have very few exterior action photos. Autocross in Louisiana in 2016.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/11/20 10:03 a.m.

No real motorsport action but since there have been a few Tail of the Dragon shots here are my 02 9-5 Aero:

and our 06 R350:

We were down there for a wedding and being only 45 min from Deals Gap I had to give it a go.  My wife was doing the cake for the wedding, it was for our Niece, and most everyone else was involved somehow so me, my two boys and my FIL had a good amount of free time to kill.  We ended up doing three round trips, not counting the one in the Benz, and it was a lot of fun even at normal speed.  My favorite moment was the last run in the 9-5.  The rehearsal dinner was Friday evening, got done and i asked the kids and Father In Law if they wanted to hit it one more time.  Everyone said yes so we pilled in the car, gassed up, and headed out.  I had gotten a set of 200tw tires from someone on this board, I apologize I don't remember who, and made sure they were on the car for the trip.  I had never drives a car with that sticky a tire on it before and it was eye opening.  Anyway, we get to Deals Gap, it is starting to get dark and there was no one on the road.  We get over the pass and park at a pull off to let the car cool down and my 12 year old gets out of the car and says "  I thought the G forces were going to push poop out of me".  We all died laughing.   

Nitroracer (Forum Supporter)
Nitroracer (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/12/20 9:12 p.m.

I've made it a point to do some kind of motorsports event in nearly every car I've owned.  Some have done them all, others just one type of event.

Autocross at Mid-State Air Port in PA

RallyCross at Dover Downs

Bottom of the hill at PittRace

Running at Mid-Ohio

Autocross with the Misery Bay Region at Lake Erie Speedway - Testing the door handles with a full load of passengers.

Quick trip to Panthera for RallyCross

Best $200 car ever at Watkins Glen for a RallyCross

And lastly, murdering one of my front wheel bearings many miles from home under EV power.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/13/20 12:53 a.m.

Great Lakes Drag-a-Way, 2013. They lined me up against a blown fuel altered.

"Do you want to run him?"

"Berk, yeah. I'll never get another chance."

I'm reasonably certain that in the only guy on a 6 volt Honda TwinStar CM200T to ever line up on a 1,300hp altered at the strip. 

He was out of the car gathering up the chute when I turned off the shutdown lane.  No matter. I pulled my best pass of 17.92. Not bad for 14 hp.

BA5
BA5 GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/13/20 2:12 a.m.

What a delightful thread.

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/13/20 8:02 a.m.

the E55 AMG getting ready to run 13.0 to Gumby's slow ass whatever he ran

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/13/20 8:11 a.m.

bluej (Forum Supporter)
bluej (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/13/20 9:00 a.m.

Clearly not the fast line, but it was the last run of the day and just wanted to give a fun ride to a friend who came out to see what this rallyx thing was about.

Photo by the incredibly talented Steven Phillips. Please check out his motorsports photography at that link, it's a great sampler page.

Matt B (Forum Supporter)
Matt B (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/13/20 10:12 a.m.

Hey I've raced with some of you guys at CMP!  I might as well ask for forgiveness now.  

buzzboy said:

A relatively new photo of the Toyocedes at CMP. This was before we blew/replaced the trans from 0130 to 0930

Buzzboy - we were beside you in the '18 fall parade in the red/white E36 and also ran with you in the '19 Spring 24hr.  Love the Planet Express truck.  I had a good time running with your team on-track.  Hopefully our whole team didn't live up to our namesake too badly.

Toyman01 (Forum Supporter) said:

The Lemons team from the 2019 24 hour race. Dirite, the B210 on the left, Jim the Civic on the right. We were awarded the IOE for this one.

Toyman - you guys were hilarious in BS inspection.  Good show.  I'll see if I can dig up some pics of either team.

Here's us.  I took a lot more pics at the '18 fall race since the 24 hr in 19 was so crazy.

Blurry photo because I was trying to practice panning with questionable results.

1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 20

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rkCv9tCdyB6O8j0CbBDMp8V02OnO4M8FiDzUCTflRvSzsAZzhIvKNwhZRtodJyq4