1 2
fanfoy
fanfoy HalfDork
8/25/13 11:51 a.m.

I got something new for you lovers of weird crappy little european cars.

I give you a 1983 Talbot Samba Cabriolet.

It's even close enough from my house (15-20 minutes), that if one of you weirdo's wants it, I could go check it out.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/25/13 10:07 p.m.

That's a nice Skoda but not my Favorit.

Jeff
Jeff SuperDork
8/26/13 9:01 a.m.

I just made a low ball offer. If they say yes, I'm screwed J

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
8/26/13 1:38 p.m.

I hope he accepts your offer. I sold a bike yesterday for a little more than he's asking...

If you do get it, will you take me for a ride? I really miss mine. I want to know if it was as good as I remembered it.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/26/13 1:44 p.m.
Wally wrote: That's a nice Skoda but not my Favorit.

I see what you did there.

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/26/13 1:49 p.m.

Damn you Canada and you awesome strange European cars, universal health care, colorful money and mayonnaise covered fries.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/26/13 2:38 p.m.
fidelity101 wrote:
Hungary Bill wrote: You guys are killin me. I see more Skodas, Trabants, Ladas, Dacias, and Yugos (Zastavas) than you could shake a stick at! (wait for it, there is a business idea here somewhere) We could set up a "Trading Post" here in Papa, Hungary. We'll ship a 40ft container of whatever crappy "western car" you're sick of (small cars are the preference here) I'll set up a lot where Hungarians cursed with Trabant, Skoda, Dacia, etc ownership can trade in their cars for one of your cars at no cost! When the container gets back to your place it'll be full of crappy eastern bloc cars and everybody's a winner! Hot dang! Who's in?
Actually my friend plans on doing that to his next trip to hungary (his wife is hungarian) load up a container full of trablants, keep one and sell off the rest. Maybe I should put him in contact with you...

Hmmm. I wonder if I met this person already. There was a member of the Trabant forums that was doing the same thing. His in-laws lived near Pecs, Hungary.

Jeff
Jeff SuperDork
8/27/13 9:09 a.m.
Zomby Woof wrote: I hope he accepts your offer. I sold a bike yesterday for a little more than he's asking... If you do get it, will you take me for a ride? I really miss mine. I want to know if it was as good as I remembered it.

Looks like it's sold to someone else. If it falls through, I'm in line at a $1K, which still maybe to much but what the hell.

And hell yes, you can take it for a spin!

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
8/27/13 2:29 p.m.

When I bought mine in 91 it was a 5 year old car. It had a burnt exhaust valve, but was otherwise in perfect condition. I paid $500 for it, and $20 for the valve and head gasket. When I sold it a few years later, with 100,000 more km on it, I hadn't put a penny more in it, and got $400.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/27/13 4:11 p.m.

In reply to Hungary Bill:

What about AROs? Do those things still exist?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OR8eIhcbcOCasbOAGRj1qTcrhYHHjcyr5WDkDNbWZnvtf3SnzjPfEYbQaNVZBAup