1 2
Otto_Maddox
Otto_Maddox New Reader
6/17/09 8:50 a.m.

"I think they get a bum rap because, by the early 80's cheaper cars were starting to come with some pretty smooth shifters."

Well, really they shift awful in comparison to early Z cars and first generation RX-7s among other cars from the '70s. That is the one quirk that I could not find so lovable about my 911. I've not driven a G50 car.

wannabewrench
wannabewrench New Reader
6/17/09 12:54 p.m.

Yup, with the 915, you have to pause between 1st and 2nd gear at neutral. Some double clutch. The G50 is smoother but Carreras feel heavier than SCs.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
6/17/09 1:05 p.m.
So far I haven't spun out of control.

PU&%Y!!!

Actually, the only view that matters is up about 8" - where the fender makes you feel like you're riding a missile.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
6/17/09 1:15 p.m.

Reading your garage list - does that mean the Mini has moved on?

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/17/09 1:39 p.m.
DILYSI Dave wrote: Reading your garage list - does that mean the Mini has moved on?

Nope, the Mini is here at the office. It's on display in our lobby.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/17/09 9:42 p.m.

love the overhead shot of the tail. baby got back!

David S. Wallens
6/17/09 10:23 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote: love the overhead shot of the tail. baby got back!

Thanks. That was shot from my brother's porch.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/18/09 2:40 a.m.

Your brother has one too?

ZOOMiata
ZOOMiata GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/18/09 5:26 a.m.
Wally wrote: Your brother has one too?

Reminds me of the joke of the hobo going door to door looking for odd jobs. One man says he'll pay the hobo $50 to paint the porch in the back. After a few hours the hobo is done, comes to collect the $50, and as he walks away he says "and just so you know, that's no porch, that's a Ferrari in the back."

David S. Wallens
6/18/09 9:37 a.m.
ZOOMiata wrote:
Wally wrote: Your brother has one too?
Reminds me of the joke of the hobo going door to door looking for odd jobs. One man says he'll pay the hobo $50 to paint the porch in the back. After a few hours the hobo is done, comes to collect the $50, and as he walks away he says "and just so you know, that's no porch, that's a Ferrari in the back."

Exactly. Hence why said "porch" and not "deck." Technically, I guess it's more of a porch, though. He has a cool house.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZYC77qoVqCL8LBfjQpS9Sv1MX2lqInErRy4Z9rxqUdZMKASztNPH9GHGyb9GwmT9