1 ... 3 4 5
Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed SuperDork
4/8/18 6:08 p.m.
NickD said:

SwankForceOne once dubbed the Freelander "the Anti-Answer"

Wow,  poor Mitsu............what happened??!!  From the Diamond Star Eclipse, Galant VR4, 3000GT and of course the Evo to this? The anti-answer that no one will even consider?

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
4/8/18 6:28 p.m.
smokindav said:

4 pages of absolutely clueless posts.  Watch this Dirt Every Day video of the Jeep Renegade on Black Bear Pass. You know what to do.

Dirt Every Day give Renegade thumbs up

Edit: Jeep has put $4,500 on the hood for leftover 2017's.

DED is my jam. Let's say I believe them. Why is the Renegade better than the couple of previous tiny Jeeps? 

smokindav
smokindav Reader
4/8/18 6:34 p.m.

Because it’s Italian.

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
4/8/18 8:34 p.m.

A Freelander is a Range Rover, an Outlander is a Mitsubishi. 

I think the Renegade is basically 2 steps up in general design effort from the Patriot/Compass. Having said that, i find the Patriot to be classically attractive in the Jeep way and their off-road potential was pretty decent for what they were. Easily the equal of anything you can cheaply accomplish by modifying a Subaru, for example. This is assuming dryish surfaces. On slippery mud/ice/snow i tend to think that anything with no computers to interfere with your driving is likely to be better than anything that has 'undefeatable' traction control systems. Too many videos on the internet of vehicles that had the hardware to unstick themselves that were nevertheless stuck because electronic controls were beyond their wits.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
4/8/18 8:45 p.m.

I'd rather have russian neuro toxin spread on my door knob than own a freelander.  It's the maserati Bi Turbo of the offroad world.

so much mental masturbation in this thread.. so little actual masturbation... 

Geeezzz.. just pick one.

1 ... 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iWyDK7IjjFiRX04BWAZclr637iSCTc6yUxQiOzsguiMlPLNa5hchhRUoelHRiziO