GeddesB
GeddesB GRM+ Memberand New Reader
10/18/21 5:38 p.m.

SWMBO's truck is getting an alignment and the dealer gave her this as a loner for the day.   I'm not much for new cars, but I kinda like it.  Sticker is at ~$48k.  Front and rear electric lockers, electrical front sway bar disconnect, lots of off road goodies.  Vinyl floors with drain plugs.  Top seems terribly complicated, but it has two of them.  

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa PowerDork
10/18/21 5:52 p.m.

I've decided that I really want to get one, then vinyl wrap it so it looks like an old Forestry truck

GeddesB
10/18/21 6:10 p.m.

OJs Bronco only had two doors.  As his medium speed chase made second gen Broncos collectable, all Broncos should have two doors.  

hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass Reader
10/18/21 7:57 p.m.

What's up with the black pieces on the hood?

I do like the way the new bronco looks, still eyeball the old Bronco II whenever I see one. This reminds me of it greatly

pinchvalve (Forum Supporter)
pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/18/21 8:02 p.m.
hybridmomentspass said:

The hood drops off quite a bit so they allow you to visually gauge the front corners of the vehicle. They also provide tie-down points for things like canoes on the roof. So I hear.

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/18/21 8:13 p.m.
GeddesB said:

OJs Bronco only had two doors.  As his medium speed chase made second gen Broncos collectable, all Broncos should have two doors.  

When Jeep introduced the 4-door Wrangler, sales shot through the roof. No way in hell Ford wasn't offering a 4-door.

buzzboy
buzzboy Dork
10/18/21 8:29 p.m.

If I can find one at a reasonable price, or order one in a reasonable time, I will own one next year.

Big Bend, 4door, hardtop, 2.3, 7speed

GeddesB
10/18/21 9:24 p.m.

In reply to Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) :

I understand why they are doing it.  Marketing common sense.  

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/18/21 9:58 p.m.

It looks like the 4-door has a longer wheelbase, yes? That's not just marketing.

wae
wae UberDork
10/18/21 10:25 p.m.

With as many people that are waiting on their ordered Broncos, they've got some to use as loaners?  Apparently I don't understand the new car business very well.

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
10/18/21 10:38 p.m.
wae said:

With as many people that are waiting on their ordered Broncos, they've got some to use as loaners?  Apparently I don't understand the new car business very well.

They can't sell them per Ford. Might as well lend out the ones you're not able to sell instead of the few you have on the lot to sell at this point. The Ford dealer down the street has 7 new cars in stock, total, why put someone in one of those 7?

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/19/21 8:05 a.m.
wae said:

I was just thinking that.

JAdams
JAdams Reader
10/19/21 8:16 a.m.

I've owned several Wranglers and if this is nearly as good as it seems on paper I will definitely own one and probably never own another Chrysler product again.

Gimp (Forum Supporter)
Gimp (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/19/21 8:21 a.m.
pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) said:
hybridmomentspass said:

The hood drops off quite a bit so they allow you to visually gauge the front corners of the vehicle. They also provide tie-down points for things like canoes on the roof. So I hear.

You can also run a cable from them to the roof, and they push branches and other obstacles out of the way so they don't hit the windshield.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DXxIGUEdE98Sqd6qknOTMqBJ0yRuYRqEquc4pJKt0oH6QQLxIkTONVeZ1nMf2vIw