tr8todd
tr8todd Reader
8/27/12 3:51 p.m.

Saturday I posted a TR8 for sale on Boston Craigslist. Sunday Morning I get a message thu CL from a buyer interested in the car wanting my phone number. Says he is near, not nearby, just near. I received the message at 9:19AM but the message has a tag saying sent from iphone at 6:19AM. Three hours difference, I'm thinking Cali - near? Whatever, I send the phone number. Today I get a message from CL saying my post has been flagged pending verification of location. I'm confused. After reading the details, I come across that the add being flagged is on San Fransico CL and not Boston. I check the Boston add and all is well; cars still listed. Anybody see the add on SF CL before is was pulled? I'm curious what it looked like. I'm betting asking for my phone number was just a way to get my email address. Here is a link to the valid Boston add.

http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/cto/3229658719.html

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltraDork
8/27/12 3:59 p.m.

Nice car. Wish it was closer and life was a little more settled.

Dashpot
Dashpot Reader
8/27/12 8:03 p.m.

Todd - It seems that 75% of the world TR8 supply is in your neighborhood...

I test drove a nice one near you a year ago. When I got out of the car in the guys driveway UPS was dropping off a package. The driver said "hey, I just saw that same car down the street". Owner said "Nah, his has a new paint job."

You guys have a pretty active club?

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 Dork
8/27/12 9:39 p.m.

No he IS the club. You are correct about the 75%, but it isn't his neighborhood it is his yard, and all of his friends yards.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FpoFeMxaHCgi7QEo4eVPbZn2f5Ctv5kdEcAQIepBV3NFRzutHv2TRmgzecjr05En