Chris Tropea
Chris Tropea Associate Editor
7/29/24 4:40 p.m.
feature_image

After a few years of faithful service, our Nissan Frontier let us down when we needed it most.

While our Nissan Frontier is our camera support vehicle every time we go to our official test track, the Florida International Rally & Motorsport Park, it was time to test how it does on a road tour.

Typically, our trusty Honda …

Read the rest of the story

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
7/29/24 4:54 p.m.

I'm glad you were all close enough that you could swap support vehicles.

And yeah, never seems to happen at a convenient time...except for that one time I hit a rock, poked some holes in my car's gas tank and still managed to drive it home.

That did turn out to be pretty convenient since I made it home.

It looks like those heavy rubber floor mats with the turned-up edge saved your carpet, and kept your cab from smelling like coolant forever.  

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
7/30/24 9:25 a.m.

In reply to Danny Shields (Forum Supporter) :

Good point, I didn't even consider that.

I'll take this as a sign that I should probably upgrade my floor mats...

Chris Tropea
Chris Tropea Associate Editor
7/30/24 9:30 a.m.

In reply to Danny Shields (Forum Supporter) :

Yeah, I really liked my WeatherTech mats before I had this issue and not only did it save me from coolant smell but I think it also saved me from a bigger disaster with how soon I was able to see the leak since it wasn't going into the carpet.

BA5
BA5 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/30/24 2:49 p.m.

Your 'Classic Motorsports Road Tours' always look cool and catch my eye, but I think I'm too young for the demographic in the pictures by about..... half. And I'm not exactly young myself! :)

I suppose by the time I don't have to worry about who's watching the kids for a week and also have the money to do it, I'll be the right demographic. :)

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rhEwqj7yjcjWR6D4FlQ4pzwSrRbkAFtXHJPUIFuQ0GOimBd15FLRBGO1eE0SeDYJ