Oapfu
Oapfu GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/18/24 5:38 p.m.

do do do do dooo do

[TLDR: I finally got the 'project' cars out of the garage.  Nothing new, no profound wisdom, and some weird attempts at trying to be funny.]

First off, it is not a large amount of money.
"Uncommon" does not automatically mean "Valuable", one car's-worth of usable parts distributed across two cars is much less valuable than one car will all usable parts, etc.
I do not care b/c I did not have to deal with people from Fkbook or CL, and I feel an amazing amount of relief after suffering from 20++ years of garage constipation

Second, I wanted to play on the song title but IDK how well all of the lyrics apply.
Perhaps every 'relationship' song can be applied to a project car in one way or another.

I dunno about the thing with 'zebra flesh'.  Let's go with a different animal b/c I know "Albatross" works (and please tell me that you expect C.O.C. rather than Taylor Swift)

I should have seen the signs
Now the memory's far behind
It was no big loss
Fly on, albatross

[Er, except that a living and flying albatross is not a problem.  The problem is with a dead one hanging around your neck after you shot it for no good reason.  Or maybe it was a good reason?  Albatrosses are not so simple and I need to reread the poem.]

Anyway, I feel like I should do an After Action Review, or Lessons Learned, or... a "Sprint" Retrospective?

What I must do is organize all the crap still in the garage, and get caught up on all the thousands of things I've been putting off, including normal vehicle maintenance.  "It lasted this long, it will last a while longer" is not a healthy way to live.
What I must not do is buy anything else... so I curse you people talking about X1/9s.

Coniglio Rampante
Coniglio Rampante Reader
8/18/24 6:30 p.m.

My opinion:  ride the waves and don't ask where they go.

Tom1200
Tom1200 PowerDork
8/18/24 6:42 p.m.

I know this is crazy talk.........but you know you can buy a functioning fun car and simply enjoy it.

I know I know it's crazy.

porschenut
porschenut Dork
8/18/24 6:54 p.m.

Your problem is you need a bigger garage

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
8/18/24 6:54 p.m.

I just got done loading 52 lcd monitors in the back of a guys suv. Donated to his nonprofit. I'm so psyched about that empty corner of my shop. It's not two cars but I can definitely relate. 

earlybroncoguy1
earlybroncoguy1 Reader
8/18/24 6:58 p.m.

I know the feeling.

Sold my toyhauler/travel trailer after I admitted to myself that the kids are grown up, not really interested in hauling the ATV's somewhere, riding them, camping, and then cleaning everything up. The wife really prefers nice hotels, anyway - and the older I get, the more I have to agree with her.

Sold my '66 912 project after holding onto it for 30 years and not really making much progress on it. I still miss it.

Sold my '66 C10 (shortbed, big window cab) rust bucket because I realized I was never going to have the money to build it like I really wanted to, and wouldn't be happy with "almost good enough".

I kept the '71 Bronco, though. 

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/18/24 8:17 p.m.

That looks like more than enough space to fit in an X1/9.

Just trying to be helpful, y'know.

jgrewe
jgrewe Dork
8/18/24 8:23 p.m.

In reply to BoxheadTim :

They are pretty sturdy, he could probably fit two and put a lot of that stuff on top of the one that doesn't run.

After he gets one running...

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
8/19/24 12:54 a.m.

I don't think "empty garage" is a good description here. devil

I personally couldn't handle my garage looking like that. My fiance's side is about 1/10th that bad and it drives me crazy. But when it's 106 outside, there is no motivation to clean/organize/throw things out. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9KBmGTOu7r5jKdiUeNPOC0kuu6auFicIDn9CAmcQi0e6fI1EEILZeiteCiNesrMN