prima
prima New Reader
6/12/08 1:10 p.m.

I'm always pampering my Maxima and Miata but w/ working a ton of ot it is time to spoil my wife's Pathfinder.It is a '02 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4wd. Don't do any towing, off-roading/camping once in a blue moon, mainly highway driving. I will replace the cheaptastic oe Dueler H/T D689s with Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenzas and a alignment when everything is done. KYB GR2s are the only shock & struts I can find. Anyone have recomenditons and/or advice for shocks & struts for this model Pathfinder that will help handling without ruining the ride on the highway? Thanks.

B02S4
B02S4 Reader
6/12/08 8:37 p.m.

My 02 LE has KYB GR2's front & rear & Air Lift 1000 supplemental airbags in the rear coils. The KYB's were an improvement over stock. The Air Lift bags are necessary for towing.

I would prefer Bilsteins, but to my knowledge they are not available. So KYB's it is.

I personally wouldn't put Bridgestone Duelers on a wheelbarrow...

TOZOVR
TOZOVR New Reader
6/12/08 9:47 p.m.

I built expedition rigs for years...the complete gamut. I have to say for a Daily driver, the Napa offerings are superb. Sure we ran bilstiens and the latest bling on the rigs, but we always had GREAT luck with the napa stuff for the daily drivers....check it out....

RJ

ProDarwin
ProDarwin Dork
6/13/08 6:08 a.m.

+1 on the Napa offerings. I just replaced the rear shocks in my dad's 01, and parts store shocks work just fine.

Also installed supplemental air bags.... they are nice for towing.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cEO8l3vPJLEkYx4oZRAqut57PbamG3puFCJinJ1PX8S75ilWd4c1uCQx7kgYie3n