1 2
irish44j (Forum Supporter)
irish44j (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/28/22 9:30 p.m.

Last I saw, I was sitting pretty in 27th place for the drivers' championship (if only sprints were included, I could have moved up to at least 26th), and Jim in the top-20 thanks to him moonlighting with a second cheap e30 driver :)

In any case, congrats on becoming rally celebrity. :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltimaDork
12/29/22 6:17 a.m.

In reply to irish44j (Forum Supporter) :

You also had the highest whalefactor at NEFR, if I'm remembering that correctly. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltimaDork
12/29/22 11:29 a.m.

Also, if anyone has questions or suggestions for things I could tweak to make future writeups a little more digestible for GRMers beyond the rally community let me know- you can sort of see I was trying to adjust my coverage to make a little more sense as the year went on and more people started reading it.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
12/29/22 6:22 p.m.

If you build it, they will come. 

12/29/22 10:16 p.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

In reply to irish44j (Forum Supporter) :

You also had the highest whalefactor at NEFR, if I'm remembering that correctly. 

Something to be said for having a crappy car and actually finishing, albeit not very quickly, i suppose 

lnlogauge
lnlogauge HalfDork
12/30/22 12:05 a.m.

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

I enjoy reading about the underground you've created. I don't completely understand it, but I don't need to understand everything to enjoy it. Keep doing what you're doing here. 

rallyxPOS13
rallyxPOS13 GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/30/22 12:47 p.m.

The rare times I've got Facespace up and running, I often get a chuckle out of the SuperChampio.  Thanks for leaning into the joke and carrying it forward for the season!

I also laughed pretty hard at Scary Gun Bean Juice!

AxeHealey
AxeHealey GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/20/23 10:29 a.m.

New favorite piece of clothing.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltimaDork
1/20/23 6:51 p.m.

In reply to AxeHealey :

You went for one of the real awesome ones, excellent!

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/20/23 7:54 p.m.

I am in love with that shirt. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltimaDork
1/26/23 8:10 a.m.

So... what happens during the offseason?  Well, top 3 got custom jackets/hoodies:

Winners got belts (duplicates of Al's so his family can keep one if the belt becomes a traveling trophy):

And some new merch got added to the store:

No photo description available.May be a cartoon of text

The stickers are specifically for you guys who asked for some but are never gonna see me at a rally, you can get those right here.

I also made a post encouraging competitors to add the value of whatever they installed in the offseason to their cars, and maybe a little extra for Champio Pedigree if they did well last year.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltimaDork
2/27/23 7:27 a.m.

Feb '23

SuperChampio '23 is off to a slippy, cold start! The season started off up at Perce-Neige with Kurt Duddy and Matthieu Toupin taking the trusty Sentra to the top Champio spot, with Margaret Sharron and Jennie Holden taking second in a Subaru. Then down in the mitten at Sno*Drift, Dan Shirley and Nathan Lybarger rode triumphant in the War Weasel despite having to self-extract from the trees of Bonfire Alley, followed closely by Scott and Gavin James in their LED-clad GTI, with Tim Michel and Cindy Krowlikowski following the weasel's lead and taking some 4-ringed bark samples with the front of the Audi on their way to third.

The overall driver standings have Kurt Duddy leading by a small margin, chased closely by Dan Shirley- interestingly, both drivers have planned suspension upgrades in the future which should increase their car values, and both are making the most of a bouncy, bendy, but ultimately less spendy setup early in the season. As far as anyone can tell, the only planned modifications for third place Scott James' car involve more blue lights.

The codriver standings this early in the year mirror the driver standings, with Matthieu Toupin leading from the passenger seat of the Sentra, Nathan Lybarger manning the awooga horn of the War Weasel, and Gavin James using equal parts reading and shoveling skills to keep the VW in third.

With many competitors yet to run their first event this year, SuperChampio '23 is still anybody's game- fast cars, cheap cars, maybe something with a grandfathered cage that hasn't seen competition in a decade planning to make 1000 stage miles this year, who knows?!

Check out the standings, sign up, or update your car info at https://sneakattackrally.com/MudWhaleSuperChampio/! New for this year, Nathan Usher has also added hp and weight stats, so if you feel like seeing how your car stacks up in those categories you can enter those right where you enter your car value.

If you want some silly merch, that's over at https://superchampio.creator-spring.com/, remember to keep scrolling because there are far too many items.

tb
tb GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/27/23 8:45 a.m.

This is brilliant, nicely done! I'm incredibly slow to finding this, but quite enjoyed catching up in this thread.

I just might be thinking about getting back into hillclimbs in the region and will probably need some merch in the future for weekends in the mountains.

tb
tb GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/27/23 9:39 a.m.
dculberson said:
GameboyRMH said:

BTW, every time I read "Super Champio," it's in the voice of a South American futbol commentator laugh

Now I can't unhear it. And it's good. Also could be in one of the sports announcer voices from Homestar Runner. 

I can totally hear what those after you guys have said it and I like the futbol style.

Fwiw, I initially heard it in my head as an exaggerated Mario voice like when you would select a special unlocked option in a classic Kart battle.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltimaDork
3/30/23 7:24 a.m.

March '23

SuperChampio Smarch standings!

The month kicked off with Sandblast Rally of the Y'All Pines, where Srikanth Nayini earned top points by dragging a Focus through the sand for 86 miles, followed by Derek Denti's faster (but expensive-r) RSX, with the third spot in both the Champio and the rally going to Perry Seaman's even more fasterer XR4Ti.

Then after some rally in Canada where nothing happened, out at the Hundo Acre Frostbite Spectacular, Levi Johnson managed to grab the highest SuperChampio score in a terminally waterlogged E30, narrowly beating out Ty Crawford's Impreza and his intercom made of random scraps, and third place went to Brian Atwood in yet another Impreza I know nothing about.

This leaves the overall driver's standings with three entirely new names on the podium- Levi Johnson and Ty Crawford up there for their 100aw performances, and Andy Didorosi currently holding the bronze for deafening every spectator across two rallies in what might be the loudest Subaru on the planet.

On the codriver side, the standings almost entirely mirror the drivers' standings since it's too early in the season for people with multiple rides to start making headway- this means Griffin Johnson and Pete Pulizzi in first and second, respectively, with familiar juicebox enthusiast Kj Miller in third.

So that's how we end March- the podium consists of a pair of Imprezas and a couple of Johnsons in a U-boat. What happens next is anybody's guess, western events will start soon and I'm sure some competitors out there are just waiting to shake up the standings!

As always, thank you to Nathan Usher for keeping the scoring going over at https://sneakattackrally.com/MudWhaleSuperChampio/ where everyone can follow along or sign up and get in on the action!

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/30/23 9:11 a.m.

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

Always interesting to see names pop up that I recognize from other places. Do you know Andy Didorosi well? His abandoned car factory and EV project is really neat to follow along with. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltimaDork
3/30/23 9:32 a.m.

In reply to AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) :

Not super well, although he did tow us out of an embankment at Sno*Drift.  I should look that up!

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/30/23 10:23 a.m.
3/30/23 9:25 p.m.

I'll be working hard to finish top-50 again this year!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
I3fFqWR7inMY7lciqVQNDJeBni7wGmjnW01sIglDG6gMkkKx4pPPNFNN3mdGJsbt