1 2
Vigo
Vigo UltraDork
7/17/13 9:38 p.m.
So... you're talking about incorrectly sized turbos in your example?

Yes, incorrectly sized for a track with turns. Exactly!

mr2peak
mr2peak GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/17/13 10:49 p.m.
yamaha wrote:
mr2peak wrote: It will be going on my E30 M50 swap car. $ to HP points to a supercharger over S50/52 swap. More potential, and the cool factor is beyond the basics. Plus, I can always swap out to a larger displacement motor in the future and the same kit should bolt right on with a new tune.
Seriously? Turbo the berkeley out of it......2.5's LOVE turbos

They LOVE boost. 500hp has been done countless times on a stock block with a turbo. I'd rather run a supercharger and get a more predictable effect. I also prefer the whistling sound of a supercharger over a turbo.

yamaha
yamaha UberDork
7/18/13 9:51 a.m.

In reply to mr2peak:

Whistle is centrifugal, Whine is positive displacement, and Whoosh is Turbo.

Seriously, you have an M50, turbo the berkeley out of it. You can always turn boost down for track days(thus making it behave better)

mr2peak
7/18/13 8:18 p.m.

In reply to yamaha:

I don't track it as of yet, just a fun, nicely put together DD street car. I'm pretty set on a supercharger.

wrongwheeldrive
wrongwheeldrive Reader
7/18/13 8:45 p.m.

Rotrex(and superchargers in general) = smooth. Incredibly predictable and easy to put the power down, especially in something like autocross.

Stock unopened k20. running 4 years strong. Butter.

mr2peak
7/18/13 8:47 p.m.

Hot damn that is beautiful! As soon as I have a permanent garage I will be building a K20 X1/9

yamaha
yamaha UberDork
7/18/13 11:20 p.m.

If you go positive displacement, you'll need a decently large s/c for the amount of air that 6 will move......the only reasons I'm pushing turbo in this case are, its been done in about every variety already, its cheap to do and straight forward, and the 2.5L loves it.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Ao5D6bf3FUcfNUPjMGEu8eVC8FXC7PO1BgsaF7GRUpoedvmnqgyBKo8M7gy85oi5