1 2
mazdeuce
mazdeuce Dork
2/23/13 5:08 p.m.

Fast guy who auto crosses locally swears by the giant oil accumulator he added. Might be worth reading about. Cool car, I really like them.

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter UberDork
2/23/13 5:13 p.m.

Yeah, my understanding is the ZZ motors can oil starve under hard lateral Gs; the 1ZZ oil pan has better baffling than the 2ZZ pan for some reason (I think the 2ZZ has crank scrapers that the baffle interferes with).

WilberM3
WilberM3 Dork
2/23/13 5:44 p.m.

nice car! i've always had a soft spot for those and it's one i've been considering for my next car payment'd car.... though i just took a looksy again and i cant get over how much people want for them still

Sultan
Sultan HalfDork
2/23/13 6:21 p.m.

Wow very very nice!

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
2/23/13 8:50 p.m.

Theyre cheaper than a same year miata here.

Vigo
Vigo UltraDork
2/24/13 10:26 a.m.
DD to replace my '96 Bronco

AAAAAAAAACCCCCCKKKKKKK

Anything to replace a bronco as a DD unless its 4wd and your day job is a forest ranger on the side of a snowy mountain.

MRS is way better than most other options!!

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy Dork
2/24/13 4:39 p.m.

Hey Rev Dex....

might you want a spare 1ZZ, or 2ZZ... or even BOTH

send me an email... Loynings is getting rid of some attic inventory, and I'm giving them a hand doing it

blueafro
blueafro New Reader
2/24/13 6:06 p.m.

Congratulations on the purchase. They are wonderful drivers.

With an '03, you shouldn't have to worry much about the precats disintegrating. There are a few reports of failures, but nothing like in the pre-'03 cars.

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter UberDork
2/24/13 9:48 p.m.
oldeskewltoy wrote: Hey Rev Dex.... might you want a spare 1ZZ, or 2ZZ... or even BOTH

Urm... mebbe. How long is this deal valid for? I need to decide what I'm doing with my foxbody.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
2/24/13 10:00 p.m.

Didnt someone else on here just buy one with a bad motor?

wrek496
wrek496 New Reader
2/25/13 4:56 a.m.

I had to do some digging but I just knew I'd seen the MR-S featured recently in a mag. Yep GRM November 2012 issue. Lots of good info.

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter UberDork
2/25/13 10:25 a.m.
wrek496 wrote: I had to do some digging but I just knew I'd seen the MR-S featured recently in a mag. Yep GRM November 2012 issue. Lots of good info.

Awesome, thank you! I remembered one recently, but I scanned the spines on my back issues and didn't see it.

jstein77
jstein77 Dork
2/25/13 11:07 a.m.

Congrats, Rev! I love the way those cars handle, not at all tail happy like the 2nd gen was. Last time I drove one, I told the owner that it was the best handling stock car I'd ever driven.

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy Dork
2/25/13 11:08 a.m.
ReverendDexter wrote:
oldeskewltoy wrote: Hey Rev Dex.... might you want a spare 1ZZ, or 2ZZ... or even BOTH
Urm... mebbe. How long is this deal valid for? I need to decide what I'm doing with my foxbody.

They are clearing their attic... it'll be there till someone buys....

I'll check again... but I'm pretty sure a complete head, or complete block is $300 ish (need to verify), and buying a "whole" engine might be a little less.

• 95%+... these have been in storage for quite a few years... IF something is missing, you would be informed BEFORE spending any $$
ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter UberDork
2/28/13 3:23 p.m.

Small update:

Dear god this car is fun to drive. It's been a while since I've had something that has me anticipating my commute and finding long ways home.

Just wish Koni made more than just yellows for these things. I'd like to get some decent struts that didn't cost $700.

Matt B
Matt B Dork
2/28/13 3:35 p.m.

[enabling voice]Just think of it as an excuse to buy the yellows and not cheap out.[/enabling voice]

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uD5F1A51OiCIC2pj1noy6x7D9WPpFfASqAJ1jPduSzWqYGdg4HYea6cPK5td5WGg