NOHOME
NOHOME UltraDork
2/16/15 10:06 a.m.

The Miata chassis donor that I am using does not have AC. However, in the interest of keeping life simple, my intentions are to source an AC system for a 96 Miata and use it. I assume it plugs in under the dash no problem.

This then leaves me with the pump. I have a ford 302 with an AC pump. Should I take advantage of the fact that this thing already is bolted to the engine and adapt to work with the Miata system or easier to make a mount for the Miata pump?

Any other caveats to be aware of? What year Miata came from the factory with 134A?

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/16/15 10:13 a.m.

With ac systems I'm always assuming that the compressor size has to be matched to the rest of the system so I would try to source and fit a Miata compressor.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/16/15 10:35 a.m.

We use the GM compressors on our LS swaps. The plumbing is a challenge, but the system works just fine. It's not like trying to match a PS system.

I'd recommend sourcing the parts from a 1994-97 Miata. Some Miatas came from the factory with the evaporator in place, but the Canadian cars didn't. Not sure where your shell came from.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IS5rt8fnzJoPI1EYbto9hkREjVvxkkttN0JVCWED6qmkN3gSWTM6B7XIScEMw2um