logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/24/18 3:34 p.m.

This weekend, while fixing a piece of siding on the garage, I noticed some issues with the roof of the race car trailer.  The seams appear to be sealed with some sort of tar/putty/aluminum backed tape and it is starting to lift.  The trailer isn't leaking yet but I figure I need to get it fixed before I have more repairs.  Since the hive knows all I figured I would start here.  Can I just get more of this tape, yank the old off, and install new?  What is it called? 

Here are some pics of what is going on.

TR7
TR7 Reader
9/24/18 3:52 p.m.

I have used heavy aluminum roofing tape from home depot with good results (7 years?, still doing its job). Couldnt tell you the brand though. I just scraped the old stuff off, prepped the surface a bit with some alcohol to make sure it was clean, then new tape. 

wae
wae SuperDork
9/24/18 3:58 p.m.

Eternabond tape.  Once and done.

glueguy
glueguy GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/24/18 4:12 p.m.

Yes to Etrnabond. Just keep it away from your Hootus. 

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/24/18 4:16 p.m.

The Eternabond stuff looks perfect!  I will give that a try (and keep it off my hootus!).

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/24/18 5:38 p.m.
glueguy said:

How did you?...wait!..never mind. I don't think I want to know.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
9/24/18 7:09 p.m.
APEowner said:
glueguy said:

How did you?...wait!..never mind. I don't think I want to know.

Herculiner story joke

pirate
pirate Reader
9/25/18 1:24 p.m.

The liquid stuff on roof is probably a product named Dicor Self Leveling Sealent. It comes in tubes used in a caulking gun. The stuff is rather thin coming out of the tube is self leveling and cures in about 24 hours. RV and trailer manufacturers use this stuff by the case on roofs. Tape and Dicor and you will be good to go for several years.

NOT A TA
NOT A TA Dork
9/25/18 2:23 p.m.

I've use Dicor on my trailers.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dVHhStLOg8am6PSQCiAVFZNgFnvnpEFlhlvYo92BdIM0GwuwqvuIlpFMGypc6yQt