1 2 3 4
Lightning
Lightning New Reader
5/20/09 3:10 p.m.
Black Stig wrote:
Lightning wrote:
Black Stig wrote:
confuZion3 wrote: Black Stig: what's your project? Please share!
How now brown cow . . .I've made promises to a local company that I won't divulge anything until the time comes for me to drive it. It's gonna suck but I ca do it. And if you're wondering why I'm telling THIS much . . .it's because I love watching grown men sweat in anticipation, LMAO! Lets just say that the new stuff will not only make my hobby easier, it'll also make life a little easier, LOL!
I'm being up front, why not you??
Because the people who are doing the sponsoring are asking to be pretty tight lipped. I can allude but I can't come right out and say what's happening.

sponsors? who? Higgins? don't make me laugh....

Black Stig
Black Stig Reader
5/20/09 8:37 p.m.
Lightning wrote: sponsors? who? Higgins? don't make me laugh....

Wow . . . .

Do some research before you open your fat mouth. You have NO idea what's going on here, you have no idea what's going on in the real world. You and your little fantasy land need to go back to whatever children's book you slithered out of and get back to your delusions where your M Body will out pace a Evos.

Black Stig
Black Stig Reader
5/20/09 8:39 p.m.

Now, can you all see how pointless this thread is . . .

jmthunderbirdturbo
jmthunderbirdturbo New Reader
5/20/09 8:51 p.m.

i dunno...

is it pointless to sink $30,000 into a 4 door M-body? kinda. but the potential is there to make a very 80's old school NASCAR, and if you could find a class to race it in once the bet is over, it might provide years of fun.

as for seat time, yeah, it matters. it matters alot. almost more than the car (as jeremy clarkson has proven). but its a good bet hes taking classes, reading up, and practicing in his spare time, and simply not mentioning it. i certainly would...

i think your just trying to downplay it so he gives up...

-J0N

Black Stig
Black Stig Reader
5/20/09 9:06 p.m.

I don't care, I'd love to see failure on this level . . .you all don't know this guy.

He had to SAVE, for YEARS, 350 bucks to buy this turd and he wants to do ALL this other work to it? Just to buy track ready TIRES to even keep up in the corners with my over all time. My tires cost more than that and I just buy tires to smoke em off. If I buy a set of Dirrezza's, that's 800 bucks a set, no WAY he's getting anything like that.

What about the ROLL CAGE that's required just to wheel-to-wheel? Even if he DOESN'T get a cage and we roll time trials, that just means he can't hit my car or block my line.

I guess that one will be better for me.

Do I wanna see him "give up" due to something I say? No, but I know him, Joe knows him and has dealt with this for years. Him saying he'll do one thing and then not doing it. Him saying he's totally going to (insert idea here) just as soon as (insert awesome luck fortune here) happens.

If you don't believe me, I'll get Joe to join the GRM forums and HE can explain it all since 2004.

If he's had to "save up" 350 bucks just to "score" this thing, how is he going to turbo a carbureted 318? Is he going to do some fuel-injector conversion?

Seriously guys, if you knew, you'd be right there with me, but you know what . . .now that all of this has happened and now that people are turning it back around on me that I'M the one that's out of MY mind. Okay . . .that's cool, and I understand

Make this a sticky

Make this an ongoing article in the GRM Magazine

Make this SOMETHING so that when December of 2010 rolls around, and he is NO CLOSER to being faster than my car than he is today . . .we all can say . . .wow . . .at least he wasn't wrong.

-Dave

jmthunderbirdturbo
jmthunderbirdturbo New Reader
5/20/09 9:21 p.m.

im not turning it on you, i dont know you (or him). im just saying your getting awfully upset over someone ELSES possible (read: likely) failure. IMO, just keep upgrading your challenge car (and bring it to GRM2010 so i can see it), and let him keep (not) upgrading his...

i hope he does SOMETHING, or this will have been a colossal waste of board space.

-J0N

Black Stig
Black Stig Reader
5/20/09 10:12 p.m.

I'm telling you bro, most of what he puts up is a waste of board space because, especially in regards to cars that he MAY or MAY NOT do something with/to, it usually just doesn't happen.

And NO Tony, I'm not talking behind your back, you're MORE than welcome to come here and prove me wrong. Once again, I'll just get Joe to post up every experience he's had in regards to this issue.

What gets me angry is that, when you tell him to try something conventional (read: smart) he looks at you as if YOU (the person with more experience) have no idea what YOU'RE talking about and as if YOU'RE wrong. He hasn't only done it to myself but he's done it to a good amount of others here in Atlanta. Many of whom have FAR more track experience than I.

To add to the above, you also have to factor in that it's all you hear about. Everytime he calls up, everytime you see him. It's M-Body this, or how awesome an M-Body can be if you just do (insert mythical modification that even Dr. Seuss would say "Wow, that doesn't make sense" here)

Look, I know I'm coming across as a jerk to a lot of you because you don't know the whole story. Just think of it this way, the only reason I even mentioned it on the Dippy forum was because he harped on it for so long how easy it will be to build an M-Body that's better than a Mustang. Then he mentions the 30k limit. I'm like, with 5k I can supercharge my car and make something that's untouchable by any M-Body that I've currently seen lay anything respectable down. Especially since I'm not a drag racer, I'd sooner see the tail end of an Evo in the apex of 10a than see the decreasing size taillights of . . .well . . anything.

I do suppose that knowing the whole ordeal . . . nay . . .experiencing what I've seen/experienced over the last 2 years nearly would be the benefactor in really letting you all know where I'm coming from. But that's not going to happen without just letting this whole thing pan out. And now, I really want to see how this ends.

I'll admit, he may honestly surprise us all (and especially myself and my drift team) and make something very edgy out of that M-Body. But I doubt it highly, and am almost willing to place money that it won't happen. Even if he DOES find someway to get 30k into that car and make it into a Mustang KILLING machine, he STILL would have spent 30k on a car that wouldn't even be able to resell for half the cost and would STILL get outpaced by a slightly modded Evolution VIII or bone stock C5 Z06 (don't even get me started on much better ideas to do with 30 grand than build a box into a house).

Heck, I'll even get THIS out of the way so he can't "Use it against me" in this debate. I even started off life in the motorsports world as a poser, and didn't change until I realized how STUPID I was. I told people I was better than I was, that I had more experience than I actually had and that I was something that I wasn't. I was retarded and now I've learned my lesson and have PLENTY of seat time and driving experience to show for it.

http://www.nightmajik.net

http://www.dadamsdrift.com

and

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=hunterd557&view=videos

Nope, I'm not the best, but I can link a course, LOL! I'll also be going OUT of my way this year to get some real track experience. As it stands now, he CAN NOT compete with that. I'll be turning laps at BMWCCA track days (of which I'm still an active member) coming up here this fall and he'll still be "Sourcing Ford Explorer Rear Ends". Because that's how he works. To the untrained listener, it almost sounds as if he's got something going, then right when you think all of your advice and breath was worth something . . .it turns right around on you.

As always, when I have THIS strong of an opinion/side on something, I'll offer this up. I'm willing to eat my words . . .and I'll eat them proudly. If he does even HALF of what's posted (gutting doesn't count because that doesn't cost money) and is even able to competitively post good times . . .anywhere . . .I'll eat my words. If he even shows up to Road Atlanta, or even gives me enough confidence to rent the track (at 1000 bucks an hour) I'll eat my words and I'll make a new thread with my public apology to him.

I dunno Jon . . .I don't think I'm wrong here. . .

PHeller
PHeller HalfDork
5/20/09 10:22 p.m.

Ok, so would you feel better if he just said "I give up?" but built the car anyway?

Sounds like you just want him to admit defeat...but you could just walk away from it and end the whole e-penis thing.

Black Stig
Black Stig Reader
5/20/09 10:42 p.m.

Nope, that'd just prove me right, and as much as I love being right, it happens more often than not, I would love to be wrong here, it'd be fun

That said, I don't care if he builds the car, I don't care if he DOESN'T build the car, just stop talking about it, stop making ridiculous claims of performance and spedatures, stop talking about things you have no experience on. Just stop referring to ANYTHING referring to motorsports at all. At this point, it's all very old.

He doesn't have to admit anything, he just has to realize that this isn't something he can just put 4k into and expect to "win". He's got a lot of learning to do about this awesome sport that we're in. At the same time, I'm not trying to have an e-penis battle. Come on P, in the little experience that we've had with each other on this forum, you should have noticed that while I'm bold and opinionated, I try not to be confrontational. I just want to get along with everyone, but there are times when enough is enough.

I wanted this forum to die, I wanted a moderator to erase it or close it so it just buries and never has ANYTHING to do with ANYTHING ever again. But that hasn't happened and Tony revived this poor thread from page 3 (when I saw it on page 3 I was elated) so fine. If you don't want to let it die . . .then lets put this on the forefront. Now, especially after his pathetic attempt to call me out, I want everyone to see how much fail this winds up having. Not just for him, but for me for wasting my time on this subject.

pres589
pres589 New Reader
5/21/09 7:47 a.m.

Anyone else thinking about starting a donation fund to help the other guy out? Black Stig is no fun and I think his screen name should be force changed as he's a drag on the Stig ticket.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
5/21/09 9:21 a.m.
Black Stig wrote: I'm telling you bro, most of what he puts up is a waste of board space

Irony.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
5/21/09 9:26 a.m.
Black Stig wrote: Now, can you all see how pointless this thread is . . .

I pretty much had that figured out on the first post.

Black Stig
Black Stig Reader
5/21/09 10:30 a.m.
pres589 wrote: Anyone else thinking about starting a donation fund to help the other guy out? Black Stig is no fun and I think his screen name should be force changed as he's a drag on the Stig ticket.

If he requires a donation fund to make this happen then that's just sad. There are children with cancer that don't have a donation fund. I have fun, I know how to have fun, this stopped being fun about a year ago.

DILYSI Dave wrote: Irony.

Indeed, and it was explained in the above post

poopshovel wrote: I pretty much had that figured out on the first post.

Yes, I dunno, it's just crazy at this point.

I'm done . . .as far as I'm concerned, I'm just going to wait for Q4 2010 to roll around and we'll see what happens from there. No need to harp on this any longer.

Let's just bury this thread . . .

NYG95GA
NYG95GA Dork
5/21/09 11:15 a.m.
Black Stig wrote: : Let's just bury this thread . . .

Normally, David, I would agree with that, but upon further consideration, and in an effort to find the silver lining on the gray cloud, I think we might explore this to a deeper level. We have all been on other forums where kids (mostly, but not always) go on and on about all the cool and expensive things they are going to do to their cars. Most of us with a little more expierience recognize they are just posting pipe dreams, consider the source, and disregard it as such.

My point is that this particular forum has very little of that sort of thing, and I think that it's helpful to be reminded of it from time to time.

Maybe it's just me......

Black Stig
Black Stig Reader
5/21/09 12:14 p.m.

Nah, you're right, I feel ya . . .I dunno, I'm just done, if it happens, it happens, if it doesn't, then . . .well . . .yeah

We'll see what becomes of all of this, maybe he'll realize how poorly his reputation has become and decided to back track and change his ways, or maybe he'll just continue down the same beaten path. Only time will tell.

Tripper, You're usually right about this sorta thing and you have a lot of wisdom . . .I just am short on patience at the moment I guess. . .

-Dave

NYG95GA
NYG95GA Dork
5/21/09 8:23 p.m.
Black Stig wrote: Tripper, You're usually right about this sorta thing and you have a lot of wisdom . . . -Dave

Yeah, I get that a lot.

Actually, just to set the record straight, I've known Tripper since we came up in the same 'hood (since the 50's), so I could understand your confusing us with one another.

I'm the one with the ponytail.

Bucky

Black Stig
Black Stig Reader
5/21/09 9:37 p.m.

oh HAHAHAHAHA! My fault dude, I was like . . .I don't think it's Tripp . . .meh, if it isn't he'll correct me, LOL!

I'm bad with names, my bad . . .

Travis_K
Travis_K HalfDork
5/22/09 1:26 a.m.

To be honest, after reading thins whole thread i actually kinda would like to see the dodge built into something interesting. lol

Lightning
Lightning New Reader
5/22/09 2:50 a.m.
Black Stig wrote:
Lightning wrote: sponsors? who? Higgins? don't make me laugh....
Wow . . . . Do some research before you open your fat mouth. You have NO idea what's going on here, you have no idea what's going on in the real world. You and your little fantasy land need to go back to whatever children's book you slithered out of and get back to your delusions where your M Body will out pace a Evos.

maybe I was a little out of line there....I'll admit that, It was in the morning after I've been driving all night, I was a bit cranky. But you did explain to me what happened there.

now...as to the other stuff. You and Joe havent' been listening to me AT ALL over the past 4 years, have you? I know the M- isnt the greatest car on the planet, I definately know it won't "out pace a Evos" for that much. You two have been selectively hearing everything I've been saying for a long time.

And you pop on here once again acting pompous, just as in the past. Dave, you're a great guy to hang out with, but online you can be a total.....what word to use....eh, not worth it. I'm also tired of being treated like crap by the two of you though, even though I have done nothing like the same to the two of you.

And every time you start e-beating up the very idea of doing this, you're only strengthening my resolve to get it done.

Buzz Killington
Buzz Killington New Reader
5/22/09 10:22 a.m.

and do you know WHY he's having trouble building his old mopar boat into an Evo-eater?

because he's a Scot!

gamby
gamby SuperDork
5/23/09 8:35 p.m.

Well, from the glory days of the Honda forums, everyone had a big plan for their build. a fraction of them ever came to be--even fewer performed to their expectations.

I specifically remember a thread on honda-tech about a dude building a Prelude to run the Gumball 3000. SO many claims were made and in the end, the thing either blew up early on or never made it to the "race". Either way, it was an expected anticlimax. Typical of web life.

I can see where it's annoying for a dude to talk about a potential project ad-nauseum while the odds of it are slim. Time will tell.

Black Stig
Black Stig Reader
5/23/09 10:57 p.m.

Time will tell indeed . . .

cozmokraemer
cozmokraemer New Reader
5/27/09 7:01 p.m.

For $30k?

Pulled fenders on an FD RX7 to run 305s all the way around (18x11 CCWs), with a wet sump LS3, stroked to 402ci, cam/head, all new OE suspension bushings, and a decent set of coilovers/swaybars... accusump for a car that sees serious track duty.

A near 9 second quarter mile car that will pull nearly 2g on the skidpad with a full slick race tire, over 1.3g with a normal rcomp. You can get them down to 2500lbs and it is still streetable.

With $30k and the right roller, you could make it happen.

Black Stig
Black Stig Reader
5/27/09 7:26 p.m.

Aww man, I thought this thread was dead? sigh

But you're right . . . hmmmm . . .an FD would be sweet . . .

Dragkiller
Dragkiller None
6/10/09 11:31 a.m.

brakes for an m- body hmmm.... try here

http://www.justsuspension.com/brakes?category=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.justsuspension.com%2Fbrakes&make=40&model=302&year=1869

also pollygraphite bushings http://www.p-s-t.com/pc-1952-158-chrysler-fifth-avenue-1982-89.aspx

hope it turns out good go m-body!!

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NYfkIShd2C97swmYtjdW1rLwoSw8lXv38IkiJX7QhO95tpXhXCQOksDG4PTI6opd