1 2 3
jstein77
jstein77 SuperDork
3/19/15 6:28 a.m.

Only $1.9 million. I guess I wouldn't kick it out of my garage.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce PowerDork
3/19/15 6:50 a.m.

Last weekend a fellow time trial driver's dad brought his Porsche 918 out to the track to drive a couple DE sessions. Just because cars are insanely expensive doesn't mean you can't take them out to play with other car guys.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/19/15 6:56 a.m.

And here I thought this was going to be another thread about trucks.

At that price, I'd rather have the truck and the balance in cash.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/19/15 7:33 a.m.

You guys are off to a weak start, first I'll play the $2.3m Aston Martin Vulcan:

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/aston-martin-vulcan-as-street-legal-as-it-is-affordable-easy-on-the-eyes-and-purist-sensibilities/99416/page1/

But we can find cars less grassroots and far less motorsporty. Here's the $3.4m Lykan Hypersport which has jewels in it:

...and I'm just getting started.

GameboyRMH
3/19/15 7:38 a.m.

Here's one more that at least has serious performance cred. Lamborghini Veneno, $4.5m:

Edit: Also turns out this is the most expensive production car at the moment, and in history. But instead of me declaring victory right now let's see if anyone can find a car that is nearly as expensive and delivers worse bang-per-buck.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/19/15 8:27 a.m.

I don't know about bang-per-buck, but that Lambo certainly produces plenty of vomit-per-buck, even at that price.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
3/19/15 8:30 a.m.

Those are all expensive sure, but there is a team of folks hand building each one of them. Craftsmen. They are more grassroots than any car that comes off a mass production line.

The F-150 is the least grassroots car ever made in that regard. (see toyman... it is about trucks ;))

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UltimaDork
3/19/15 8:32 a.m.

No, this is the most anti GRM car imaginable. A car with no redeeming qualities.

NOTE. This post is brought to you with 49.6% Sarcasm

drummerfromdefleopard
drummerfromdefleopard GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/19/15 8:40 a.m.

F-150s can tow GRM toys

Automatic transmission PT Cruiser convertible is about as un-GRM as you can get.

Also that 918 is in need of fresh tires

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/19/15 8:48 a.m.

Bugatti Veyron. Incredibly complex and specialized. 10 radiators? Unique tires made by only one manufacturer?

No thank you.

GameboyRMH
3/19/15 8:51 a.m.

In terms of complexity and specialization, the Veyron is only slightly worse than an R35 GTR. Although it is probably still the worst in this regard.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter PowerDork
3/19/15 8:59 a.m.

Pfft. At least those are sporting cars. I give you the Lamborghini URUS, coming in 2017 (and yes, that appears to be the real name)

An ugly, ridiculously overpriced SUV that probably can't even tow anything.

Second place goes to that ridiculous Murano convertible abomination.

Jay_W
Jay_W Dork
3/19/15 8:59 a.m.

In reply to Duke: I am still attempting to recuperate. I'm just glad I haven't had breakfast yet. How the hell do I un-see this horror? MAN that's ugly. I'd rather look at two or maybe even three Azteks!

Adrian_Thompson
3/19/15 9:04 a.m.

I would totally drive that. At least it has genuine heritage I'd also rock the original like a two bit hooker

All of these look better than this I don't care how good it drives, it's flat out the ugliest production car ever. Once I'm benevolent Dictator of the Universe Porsche will be forced to take back every one ever built and crush it. Note I said take back not buy back. Anyone with such poor taste to have actually bought one deserves the financial punishment of loosing it.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
3/19/15 9:08 a.m.

No sir-----HERE is the least GRM car I can think of:

Created by geeks who hate cars-- designed to remove the pesky "driving" part from our automobiles. Also cost about a trillion dollars to design--- all with the intention of killing our hobby.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
3/19/15 9:09 a.m.

Ok.....maybe that was a little harsh----but I still hate it!

Jay_W
Jay_W Dork
3/19/15 9:09 a.m.

Gotta give the Veyron the title. Tires are 25 grand a set and last less than an oilchange. When you replace the 2nd set, you get to buy a new set of 70 thousand buck wheels, cuz they won't rate them as safe to run after that 2nd mount and dismount. So you could, without driving it harder than Gramma drives her Buick, spend half a million on tires and wheels alone before rolling the odo past 50k. how 'bout... nope. It may be that the other hypercars are just as bad. Gives me visions of piles of unhurt megabuck wheels stacked on pallets out back of some billionaire's palace, ready to go to the recycler... gad

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/19/15 9:11 a.m.

In reply to Tim Baxter:

I thought about the Murano convertible, but then I thought, there is a small niche market that likely wants a convertible crossover people carrier and un-needed AWD for the perceived benefit greater foul weather ability. It's a niche vehicle, much as a brown diesel manual wagon is, most would loathe it, but a very small number would want no other vehicle more. so there's at least a parallel to the GRM loyalist, even if the desires are completely opposite. Ideally the choice should have been purchased in numbers so that it's not rare enough to have any cool factor, being a bit portly for it's size, be inefficient and gets bonus points for being unreliable.

Along with the PT cruiser convertible, the Scion iQ (and Aston Martin version) and Mini Countryman (in auto/awd) should be considered.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UberDork
3/19/15 9:13 a.m.

You guys are slow.

drummerfromdefleopard
drummerfromdefleopard GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/19/15 9:15 a.m.

at the risk of being banished, I'd rock a Murano convertible before rocking a VW Eos.

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/19/15 9:15 a.m.

Do any of these offer a whale-penis interior? Because there's no way I'm spending my inherited millions on something like that if it doesn't have a whale-penis interior...

GameboyRMH
3/19/15 9:20 a.m.

The guy making the "XUV" with the whale penis leather option removed it from the options list after the save-the-whales crowd got riled up about it:

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/no-more-whale-penis-leather-with-russian-xuv/16047/page1/

fidelity101
fidelity101 SuperDork
3/19/15 9:46 a.m.

I crave a panamera for a daily.

Adrian_Thompson
3/19/15 10:28 a.m.
fidelity101 wrote: I crave a panamera for a daily.

I've never met you, but I used to like you.

former520
former520 Reader
3/19/15 10:29 a.m.

How about something a little bigger? 4.4m bus (my hotlink foo is poo, so here is a link)

Barret Jackson Bus

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Archive/Event/Item/1950-GENERAL-MOTORS-FUTURLINER-PARADE-OF-PROGRESS-TOUR-BUS-15395

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
n9MK9DyJOSFRrAQrSC5TMljH1Nj4fTI70WYG9LcbtX16wipIE5sIJMO0JfOuz1uE