I would totally race that.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/19/15 5:14 p.m.

Just don't take it on any hill climbs

JFX001
JFX001 UberDork
3/19/15 5:21 p.m.

The Dartz Prombron Monaco Red Diamond Edition SUV.

Because seats of 'real whale penis leather' is decidedly anti-grassroots.

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/19/15 5:43 p.m.
yamaha wrote: In reply to GameboyRMH: I presume they all have speakers on them to mimic exhaust noises? The shrill "White Noise" their motors make is definitely not a soul.

There is motor controller whine on hybrids and electrics. I find it comforting.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/19/15 9:05 p.m.
yamaha wrote: In reply to GameboyRMH: I presume they all have speakers on them to mimic exhaust noises? The shrill "White Noise" their motors make is definitely not a soul.

None of those have fake noises. They all have mean gear whine though. Here's how a Formula E sounds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTKqeL_UTqI

I never considered soul to be synonymous with sound.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
3/19/15 9:47 p.m.

Sound is the soul of soul.

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
3/20/15 10:31 a.m.

Why the hate for the Google car? Your not being forced to drive it, but I would rather share the road with that than the stereotypical latte, texting, commuter behind the wheel of a giant unneeded truck.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
3/20/15 10:55 a.m.
neon4891 wrote: Why the hate for the Google car? Your not being forced to drive it, but I would rather share the road with that than the stereotypical latte, texting, commuter behind the wheel of a giant unneeded truck.

The hate isn't for the car itself, but the fact that it is a harbinger of things to come. Soon, we'll have roads with designated "automated" car lanes, leaving less space for us troglodytes who want to drive ourselves. Fewer and fewer models of cars that you can actually drive will be available, (like manual transmissions these days) and driving will become less and less a part of our culture. The Google car is the ultimate appliance- taking all of the skill, fun, and thrill out of the driving experience. It's the death-knell of the automobile as we know it--- that's why I hate it.

Get off my lawn!!!

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy SuperDork
3/20/15 11:58 a.m.
Joe Gearin wrote:
neon4891 wrote: Why the hate for the Google car? Your not being forced to drive it, but I would rather share the road with that than the stereotypical latte, texting, commuter behind the wheel of a giant unneeded truck.
The hate isn't for the car itself, but the fact that it is a harbinger of things to come. Soon, we'll have roads with designated "automated" car lanes, leaving less space for us troglodytes who want to drive ourselves. Fewer and fewer models of cars that you can actually drive will be available, (like manual transmissions these days) and driving will become less and less a part of our culture. The Google car is the ultimate appliance- taking all of the skill, fun, and thrill out of the driving experience. It's the death-knell of the automobile as we know it--- that's why I hate it. Get off my lawn!!!

here, here.... neighbor

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand New Reader
3/20/15 3:38 p.m.

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
3/20/15 3:54 p.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH:

That might be why you cannot grasp this. The sounds internal combustion engines emit is part of their soul, almost all of them are different. Even among others like it, they can still sound different. Electrics don't have this really, the shrill whine is pretty much flat, cold, and unwelcoming.

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
3/20/15 8:07 p.m.

Back on track, I would vote for a loaded fwd Malibu being un -grm

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
3/20/15 9:09 p.m.

Based on another thread, the land rover freelander.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/21/15 4:49 a.m.
yamaha wrote: In reply to GameboyRMH: That might be why you cannot grasp this. The sounds internal combustion engines emit is part of their soul, almost all of them are different. Even among others like it, they can still sound different. Electrics don't have this really, the shrill whine is pretty much flat, cold, and unwelcoming.

Unless its direct drive, there will still be drivetrain whine. There will be variants in drivetrains. I've run the throttle on Harley's prototype "Livewire" bike. Do the same and tell me that that bike has no soul. Its just different music. Tune your ears.

Raze
Raze UltraDork
3/21/15 5:21 a.m.

There's no such thing as a non GRM vehicle...just non GRM people yet to be converted

tjbell
tjbell Reader
3/21/15 6:53 a.m.

/Thread

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand New Reader
3/21/15 7:35 a.m.

With a towing capacity of 3500 lbs, even an Aztek can be of some value to a GRM'er.

sesto elemento
sesto elemento Dork
3/21/15 8:21 a.m.
NordicSaab wrote: tuk tuk

I just pictured the hilarity that a one make series of these trading paint and tipping over around a racetrack would be.

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/21/15 9:04 a.m.

Been done by GRM and is all played out...

I know you guys are trying to forget that. But we don't want history to repeat itself.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4WkUODVcdvQ3dUMN7sDpQ5ef9QqsLVVj18dtz3A7NZvFUijwoKPRFyMFGhZPpGXl