Stampie
Stampie PowerDork
11/21/17 5:10 p.m.

We're up in SC visiting my mom. One of the things Lil Stampie and I like to do is visit the local mechanic's yard. He's a great guy and really takes care of my mom's vehicles including her tractor and lawn mower. 

First we have a Wagoneer that looks great from the road.

Looks even better inside.

Until you see the engine fire. He said a guy is buying it to transfer his northern engine and harness over so at least it'll live on. 

Next we have a nice looking Bronco. 

Inside is nice also.

Does have rust on the driver's rear wheel well. He says this is running, driving, with title "make offer."

Then this thing. I thought it was a Daihatsu pickup but then I notice Honda wheel caps.

Inside has right hand drive.

It's a Honda ACTY.  Mid engine AWD. I had all kinds of dirty thoughts about it. 

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
11/21/17 5:19 p.m.

Must. Go. There.

(off to Google ACTY)

SHAKESBEARD
SHAKESBEARD New Reader
11/21/17 5:46 p.m.

AWD? Love them even more now.

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps Dork
11/21/17 6:20 p.m.

That Honda is cool.. When does the build thread start???

759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
11/21/17 6:21 p.m.

OK iffen yu do this ................do the stickies stay? if not then walk away wink

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
11/21/17 6:56 p.m.

A friend of mine has one of those Honda minitrucks, he uses it for maintenance around the resort he owns.  Mid engine and all wheel drive, plus an enclosed cab with heat and a/c, makes for a nice all year round utility vehicle.

Dirtydog
Dirtydog GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/21/17 7:00 p.m.

Love the Brat style rear seating.   That Wagoneer  may be worth saving.   I've said it before, below the Mason Dixon line has some real gems. Just love junk yard creeps.

Stampie
Stampie PowerDork
11/21/17 7:20 p.m.

I didn't ask about the Honda as it seemed to be in a section a little seperated from the yard. It had current tags on it so I assume it was a customer's. 

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
11/21/17 7:52 p.m.

Good finds! 

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
11/21/17 10:09 p.m.

I really like that bronco.  

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
11/22/17 6:48 a.m.

Is that manual Bronco an inline 6? I've been on and off searching for one for years. They're shockingly hard to find and I worry that in the time I've been looking they've gotten too expensive to casually drag home. 

Stampie
Stampie PowerDork
11/22/17 8:07 a.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

If you want I can ask for you. But how hard would it be to swap in a 6 if it's a V8?

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/22/17 9:43 a.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Ryan Eversly has one of those and loves it.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EGa2uCjtkVOuVg7triCfuvEgcCQyRMU9jUFtAHsXLpbCp2zXVXDXoTRrx86IwdJH