1 2
Butch_86
Butch_86 New Reader
8/12/09 12:03 a.m.

Found this last week figured it would be gone soon but it is still there and I have always wanted one.

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/cto/1274804085.html

aussiesmg
aussiesmg Dork
8/12/09 12:10 a.m.

Dude, jump on it, I will bet the fuel pump issue is the fuel filter.

That is a nice car for a nice price, if you don't buy it tell me, I can always use another one

CLNSC3
CLNSC3 New Reader
8/12/09 12:26 a.m.

Wow only 43K, pretty damn good deal!

Travis_K
Travis_K HalfDork
8/12/09 2:35 a.m.

Thats pretty good. Its too bad most of them cant pass the cali emissions testing anymore so they are almost all gone here, they look like fun.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado HalfDork
8/12/09 2:56 a.m.

Jump on it. I just got the latest issue of the mag in the mail, plenty of info there about how to keep one going.

RedS13Coupe
RedS13Coupe Reader
8/12/09 3:51 a.m.

BUY NOW. Sell extra set of rims and stereo equipment and you really can't go wrong.

TJ
TJ HalfDork
8/12/09 6:53 a.m.

How far does $57 get you?

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury Dork
8/12/09 6:55 a.m.

buy it, sell the stereo stuff, replace the filter, spend the remaining $1720 worth of budget you have left on go fast goodies for the challenge

Grtechguy
Grtechguy SuperDork
8/12/09 7:01 a.m.

I think I know the neighborhood that car's park in.... if it is, I know a guy about 1/8" mile away that has a tow dolly.

stan
stan GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/12/09 7:07 a.m.

Looks to be repainted so check for rust that's not so obvious at first. But dang, SAs are cool...

(and this is the wrong place to be talked down from such a deal...)

Stan

P71
P71 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/12/09 7:53 a.m.

Buy! Buy! Buy!

MiatarPowar
MiatarPowar HalfDork
8/12/09 8:54 a.m.

SAs win at life. Just do it.

belteshazzar
belteshazzar Dork
8/12/09 9:00 a.m.

oh snap, buy it.

ArthurDent
ArthurDent New Reader
8/12/09 9:02 a.m.

Nothing wrong with that deal - buy!

Jake
Jake HalfDork
8/12/09 9:05 a.m.

Fuel issues are stupid easy to fix on SA/FB RX7s. If the original fuel pump is conked out, there are several decent options for replacements, but as mentioned, it's probably just a clogged up fuel filter from years of sitting somewhere along the way. It's 30 years old with 43k on it? Did odometers only have 5 digits on them at that time? That's low mileage for the year, even at 143k- it's really not bad even at 243k...

In other words, do it.

Keep the extra wheels- you'll need them for your race rubber for the challenge. Tough to find ones in that old orphan bolt pattern.

I sold my 82 FB project to my wife's uncle, it's been sitting in his barn just as much as it was sitting in my garage. Maybe I'll buy it back one day, we'll see.

Zman
Zman New Reader
8/12/09 9:21 a.m.

I love my RX-7 3rd Gen so I couldn't comment...

..but it does seem like a good deal :D

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
8/12/09 9:24 a.m.

Grab that sucker! SA's are the lightest and 'purest' of the 1st gen cars. Toyman is working on a DIY TBI setup.

pigeon
pigeon Reader
8/12/09 9:54 a.m.

If that were a few hundred miles closer it wouldn't be for sale anymore... Buy it!

amg_rx7
amg_rx7 Reader
8/12/09 10:38 a.m.

Wow. Wish that was near me.

friedgreencorrado
8/12/09 11:17 p.m.
Jake wrote: Fuel issues are stupid easy to fix on SA/FB RX7s. If the original fuel pump is conked out, there are several decent options for replacements, but as mentioned, it's probably just a clogged up fuel filter from years of sitting somewhere along the way. It's 30 years old with 43k on it? Did odometers only have 5 digits on them at that time? That's low mileage for the year, even at 143k- it's really not bad even at 243k... In other words, do it. Keep the extra wheels- you'll need them for your race rubber for the challenge. Tough to find ones in that old orphan bolt pattern. I sold my 82 FB project to my wife's uncle, it's been sitting in his barn just as much as it was sitting in my garage. Maybe I'll buy it back one day, we'll see.

Can't help but go with the flow of the thread..

BUY IT!

The_Jed
The_Jed New Reader
8/13/09 12:48 a.m.

This is a "talk me down" thread here people...you're all a bunch of enablers.

Here's another little nudge over the ledge;buy it!

I would if I had the time/money/space.

Butch_86
Butch_86 New Reader
8/13/09 1:19 a.m.

I have the time and money its the space I need to find!!

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/13/09 6:33 a.m.

Buy It! nuff said.

slantvaliant
slantvaliant Reader
8/13/09 8:44 a.m.
Butch_86 wrote: I have the time and money its the space I need to find!!

I have the space. Send the car and money to me.

friedgreencorrado
8/13/09 11:17 p.m.
The_Jed wrote: This is a "talk me down" thread here people...you're all a bunch of enablers.

Jed, I'm like the "dog rescue" people you know. I want to save them all! Besides, it's just revenge on the guys because my last "talk me down" thread didn't talk me down, either..

The_Jed wrote: Here's another little nudge over the ledge;buy it! I would if I had the time/money/space.

If I won the lottery, I'd buy 50 acres of land, two six space garages with power and air...and my property would end up looking like my virtual garage in the GT4 video game.

Except for the fact that there'd be an SA/FB in there, of course. Don't know why Polyphony Digital skipped that one, when there's so much else from the dawn of Japanese performance in the game..

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
F4E0jHQXRseNzK6pkbufgsBo6D4h202EWlODCaOyT9GfGGhorVES70juFo7cPZod