1 2
wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe SuperDork
2/26/15 3:38 p.m.

Go purple or go home.

Trackmouse
Trackmouse Reader
2/26/15 5:59 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: How do you get good sharp edges? I've only tried a few things, but the only way I can figure out is to peel the tape when it's still wet. This means that I need to mask and spray 5 or 6 times. This sucks.

Real easy. Read my first post's link. Use a brand new exacto knife. Very lightly cut the edge you need. It works, it does not cut your paint if done right.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce PowerDork
2/26/15 6:30 p.m.
Trackmouse wrote:
mazdeuce wrote: How do you get good sharp edges? I've only tried a few things, but the only way I can figure out is to peel the tape when it's still wet. This means that I need to mask and spray 5 or 6 times. This sucks.
Real easy. Read my first post's link. Use a brand new exacto knife. Very lightly cut the edge you need. It works, it does not cut your paint if done right.

I keep hoping there is some way other than that. I want to do the trim on the CTS-V bronze to match the wheels, but I do NOT want to muck about with an exacto blade next to the paint. Not on this car anyway.

carbon
carbon Dork
2/26/15 8:49 p.m.

I've been thinking about dipping the sportcross white, it has Very Nice black (read, not a single stone chip, scratch, or blemish) onyx paint. I'm not particularly a fan of black cars but it was the best one I could find. I would love to protect it somehow, I'm torn between a wrap and a dip. Wraps seem absurdly spendy for something you tear off and throw away when you're done, dip scares me. I'm concerned it'll do more harm than good.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/26/15 11:31 p.m.

White attracts dirt like a small child. At least it did on the motorcycle tank.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sJBfiSLEZiBrnbOaJ7cQsV8Voe8qrA1FRITW6DTpoqf9kp3N6jnzWxFREhmBZEjJ