1 2 3
neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
1/26/11 10:29 a.m.

FWIW, a friend of mine moved up to alaska for flight school in his Cobalt.

I think a Forester should be more than up to the task.

sachilles
sachilles Dork
1/26/11 10:41 a.m.

Conversion van with the quigley or advanced 4x4 conversion, or a land rover dormobile.

Ignorant
Ignorant SuperDork
1/26/11 1:29 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote:
Ignorant wrote:
93EXCivic wrote: Toyota Land Cruiser / thread
Fixed it for you bring a fire extinguisher for the electrical fires with the land rover.. Seriously read the expo guide to land rovers... Most agree they are totally pains in the ass and continually break.. http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20219
My family in England has always had Land Rovers and they were more reliable then the one Toyota that they had.

I didn't explain myself well enough. The Irony of the expo thread is that it is written by a whole bunch of landrover enthusiasts. They'd rather push a rover than drive a toyota, but all will admit the amount of repair required on a landy is above and beyond anything else.

Vigo
Vigo Dork
1/26/11 1:53 p.m.

Id take something near stock and roomy. Id definitely go for the Cherokee if not for the space constraints, so a suburban seems like a good alternative. Definitely carry my own spares, and definitely a motorcycle carrier on the back for parts runs or checking a trail before taking the truck in. Etc.

alex
alex SuperDork
1/26/11 3:08 p.m.

Okay, if I can't take the KLR, I'll take this:

I mean, if the road's not that tough, gotta make it some kinda challenge, right?

itsarebuild
itsarebuild GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/26/11 4:20 p.m.

i just caught the last top gear episode on demand last night. i am all for the chebby pickup!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QFwZXs2kxATfRe0gm0DiDZv4DWDmYEYdx2VWvjw9ROGjEgnUhy2RLzm1yNTplhIE