Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa SuperDork
11/29/20 4:00 p.m.

I just came across these kits.  Apparently they've been out for a while and are fairly popular.

I'm just not sure about them, though.  I feel like a Miata should have more of a Sprite/Frog eye look.  Eyes up top instead of at the front?  Rear lights are pretty slick, though

https://rev9autosport.com/pit-crew-front-end-conversion.html

https://rev9autosport.com/na/exterior/aero-kits/pit-crew-rear-end-conversion.html

Vajingo
Vajingo Reader
11/29/20 4:03 p.m.

My problem Is with those headlights. I know the look they were going for, but the headlights are too far down on the car. They need to be moved backward and up a little. The backend looks fabulous though

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
11/29/20 4:08 p.m.
Vajingo said:

My problem Is with those headlights. I know the look they were going for, but the headlights are too far down on the car. They need to be moved backward and up a little. The backend looks fabulous though

Second the motion.  Front end does nothing for me, but I really like the back half kit.  I'd love to see it paired up with this kit:

V8-Powered 1990 Mazda MX-5 Miata w/ Italia Body Kit for sale on BaT  Auctions - sold for $18,000 on November 11, 2019 (Lot #24,985) | Bring a  Trailer

Vajingo
Vajingo Reader
11/29/20 4:30 p.m.

In reply to kazoospec :

Who can't love a Dino? I would love to then stuff some mazdarati 6 in there. 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
11/29/20 5:13 p.m.

We featured a Pit Crew Miata back in the day--not sure if that one's online, though. I admit, the front can be polarizing, but the back is perfect. 

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 SuperDork
11/29/20 8:51 p.m.

I have not been able to get a photo yet, but there is someone near me who has made an NA into a frog eye, complete with Sprite grill. It doesn't look quite right. His light buckets are too short front/rear and the grill isn't angled right in profile. I see him in traffic on nice days.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/29/20 8:59 p.m.

The Pit Crew and the Midget front kits have been around forever. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3JRePU55gHpgxmiTRUJBDOLlul3KBoVhFxiW6x0p6GG2AUVdvAEpBpFRwK7e09qb