JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas HalfDork
11/9/12 10:37 a.m.

Guy just called, wanted to know if I want to trade my '63 Willys Jeep for his 2000 Honda XR200R.

Both run. Both are titled.

I haven't had much interest in the Heep at $1200 OBO, and KBB on the Honda is about $1100.

What say ye?

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
11/9/12 10:46 a.m.

The XR200 is a great bike, but a bit underpowered and undersuspended. They also made a cubic gazillion of them, so moving it will be tough. They typically go for less than KBB for that reason. Not that it's a bad bike by any means! It's just that (to me) the $ don't work out unless he wants to throw a few dead Presidents your way too.

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/9/12 10:47 a.m.

That also seems stupid cheap for you Willy's. I'm guessing the market on them has changed but they used to bring much much more than that in not great condition

foxtrapper
foxtrapper PowerDork
11/9/12 10:55 a.m.

Sounds like not a good deal for you either. That said, if you can't get people interested in $1200 obo (really?), well, what the heck. If you like the bike and don't mind taking that instead of cash, not the end of the world.

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas HalfDork
11/9/12 10:56 a.m.

Craigslist probably isn't the best place to market a 50 year old Jeep, but its been there for about 3 months, and I'm about ready to drop the price again.

I was sure $1500 would be a smoking deal, but no joy. Really want rid of it.

I may go look at the Honda, see what it looks like, see if he'd give me a couple hundred on top.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Reader
11/9/12 2:53 p.m.

Put the Jeep on ebay, you will have no problem getting your price. My friend is coincedently selling a POS 1963 Willys Jeep on there with a dismantled engine. It is already over 1100 and still has 3 days to go.

I never trade people for bikes. They are substantially harder to sell then a car/truck.

DrBoost
DrBoost PowerDork
11/9/12 4:00 p.m.

Pics of the Jeep?

NOHOME
NOHOME Dork
11/9/12 4:09 p.m.

If you are going to actually ride the bike and you are NOT using the Jeep, then this is a no-brainer; go for the swap and get your value from the use of the bike. Ride the bike for a year, toss in dumpster and you are good.

If it is just a commodity swap that you think will be easier or more profitable to sell, then I cant advise.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
11/9/12 4:34 p.m.

I am not really up on Jeeps, but if it's a flat fender it would probably be worth considerably more than $1500.00. Heck, even a round fender early CJ is worth pretty good money. Around here, the Appalachian-Americans will shoot each other over a CJ.

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas HalfDork
11/9/12 8:46 p.m.

In reply to DrBoost and the other two clowns who want to see it:

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/3361234100.html

On second thought, forget I called you clowns. Please buy this.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ImNxcFYaAaEVjgkTrU30CFQr9daMFM6UIfZ8FwULZMCUEcxr1VlP7CHg7R18eKWj