jdbuilder
jdbuilder New Reader
8/30/13 4:25 p.m.

Hey guys,

I really really need to replace my Nitto Terra Grapplers on my Ford F150. My question is..... Know of any good looking off road tire that has white lettering? General grabber has a new tire with red lettering but do not think the red lettering will look good.... this got me thinking... with my truck I would like yellow lettering.. Any ideas how to get that yellow lettering look on a tire?

Its my work truck but I like for it to look nice as well.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/gti-04568150000?seid=srese1&gclid=COuDl4qNprkCFTRo7AodfXcAhw

Vigo
Vigo UberDork
8/31/13 10:01 a.m.

Cant think of a yellow-letter tire off hand.

What color is your truck?

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/31/13 12:33 p.m.

Hankook Dynapro MTs, I have them on my Sammy. Look cool with treaded sidewalls and white lettering. Pretty good in the mud too.

irish44j
irish44j UberDork
8/31/13 3:30 p.m.

Depending on how hard-core you're looking at, my favorite general-use All-Terrain is the Bridgestone Dueller Revo2 (which does have one side with white lettering). They're not rock-crawling tires, but are at least as good as BFG A/T KO's off-road in mud, sand, snow, etc and also very good manners on-road as well.

If you're just doing up a wheeling rig, then you probably want a more aggressive M/T tire or something. But if you use the truck on the street and want good tires for occasional off-road use, Revo2 is my #1 seed.

It's a very popular tire on the 4Runner forums for the guys running stock/near-stock sizes who spend time out in the desert and mountain passes.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut UberDork
8/31/13 3:38 p.m.

Number 1 AT tire on Tirerack the Firestone Destination A/T comes with one side that has raised white letters.

irish44j
irish44j UberDork
8/31/13 3:41 p.m.

Revo2 is on TR and has outline white letters.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Dueler+A%2FT+Revo+2

Osterkraut
Osterkraut UberDork
8/31/13 3:51 p.m.
irish44j wrote: Revo2 is on TR and has outline white letters. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Dueler+A%2FT+Revo+2

Sorry I meant outlined, too.

Here's TR's rankings for AT tires.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/31/13 3:57 p.m.

While they do not have the white lettering.. I do like the Geolanders on my Rover. -VERY- nice tyre

jdbuilder
jdbuilder New Reader
9/1/13 7:22 a.m.

Ok anyway to paint the white lettering? I would like for them to be yellow...

GameboyRMH
9/1/13 8:48 a.m.

Speedhunters had an article that other day that said fast-drying enamel spraypaint works well. I've heard Plastidip also works well, crankwalk is doing an experiment with that on his 240Z.

Ranger50
Ranger50 PowerDork
9/1/13 8:59 a.m.
jdbuilder wrote: Ok anyway to paint the white lettering? I would like for them to be yellow...

A few years back, you could buy paint pens that did exactly what you want. I think you could do white out of black, yellow out of white, and red out of white too. Did you check out a body shop supply place or Eastwood?

The only yellow lettered tires I have EVER seen are those old NASCAR ones made by Goodyear years ago.

Edit: Found this on Scummit's site: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/shw-ht300/overview/

GameboyRMH
9/1/13 9:45 a.m.

I've seen too many complaints about those paint pens, seems they're all junk.

jdbuilder
jdbuilder New Reader
9/1/13 9:56 a.m.

I know, it may seem dumb, just want that NASCAR look on a mud tire for my work truck. It's white ford f150 that is blacked out and think yellow letter tires will set it off.

mattmacklind
mattmacklind UltimaDork
9/1/13 10:21 a.m.

Theres an online company doing white decal sets for tires. Google around and they should come up. Very few solid white letter tires around anymore.

beans
beans HalfDork
9/3/13 8:23 a.m.

BFG A/T KO /endthread

Pretty much the best streeted A/T ever made. My dad has used them on basically every Jeep/truck he's ever had. Quiet, smooth, work awesome (enough) offroad when the Jeep doesn't need to come out to play with the Nitto Mudgrapplers...

I've heard great things about the Duratrac's, too.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/3/13 11:32 a.m.

I used white latex paint on my tow truck's tires. Maybe Home Depot could mix up one of those little sample jars of yellow for you to try. Flat latex was the only thing that would dry well on the tires. You will have to touch it up every so often.

nicksta43
nicksta43 SuperDork
9/3/13 1:35 p.m.

Harley Davidson has some tire lettering paint pens. Probably the same junk as the other stuff but at a much higher price.

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo Dork
9/3/13 5:53 p.m.

I did the tires on my GSXR-1000 with white paint pen. Looked awesome for a few days, faded, and would not come clean.

jdbuilder
jdbuilder Reader
9/3/13 6:45 p.m.

Good to know, and glad I'm not the only one trying to paint letters on tires

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vxLWqdauKn5J4Md8TiPKgnG3nBiRKS6KuvzNvnkiJZ2IE9Tk17wCobwjYkmESaui