1 2 3
Pat
Pat Reader
9/11/12 5:42 a.m.

I'm going to trash talk for the XJ-R....I think they're the team to watch!

stan_d
stan_d Dork
9/11/12 7:54 a.m.

I coming after evildky. My engine is bigger than yours and now boosted.

evildky
evildky Dork
9/11/12 8:03 a.m.
stan_d wrote: I coming after evildky. My engine is bigger than yours and now boosted.

Ah yes! The classic boosted GM V6 transverse mounted in the bed of a toyota pickup truck verses the over engineered toyota 4 cylinder shoved in the engine bay of the wrong chassis. How many times must this epic battle repeat itself? I will see you at the startline, you'll know it's me when you see my tail lights.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
9/11/12 9:49 a.m.
dansxr2 wrote: :-D I see the MX-6 Mafia doin well, even if it is just You and I Ben ;-)

My prediction for you and i is that you're going to STOMP me in the concours, edge me out in the autox, and i'm going to take your lunch money in the drags.

92CelicaHalfTrac
9/11/12 9:49 a.m.
evildky wrote:
stan_d wrote: I coming after evildky. My engine is bigger than yours and now boosted.
Ah yes! The classic boosted GM V6 transverse mounted in the bed of a toyota pickup truck verses the over engineered toyota 4 cylinder shoved in the engine bay of the wrong chassis. How many times must this epic battle repeat itself? I will see you at the startline, you'll know it's me when you see my tail lights.

I want a run against you... If the F2T takes out the 3sgte, i'll have to rethink my Celica build.

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
9/11/12 10:38 a.m.

You guys always push to the last minute on your entries---and wonder why we're stressed at the event!

Let's see what we have in the entry list that I have (I don't think yesterday's mail has been processed):

4 Fords 1 Mazda 4 Nissans 1 Dodge 1 Toyota 1 Volvo 1 Jeep 1 Saturn 2 BMWs 2 Hondas

I believe the McGarveys are bringing a VW as is Paul Fenner. Greg Voth is bringing 1 Mazda--possibly two.

Who else? Let's get those forms coming in!

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
9/11/12 3:24 p.m.

Add to the total above 4 more entries that arrived in today's mail... we'll probably see them come in at about that rate for the next week, week and a half. Way to procrastinate, you guys!

Margie

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/11/12 3:32 p.m.
Marjorie Suddard wrote: Add to the total above 4 more entries that arrived in today's mail... we'll probably see them come in at about that rate for the next week, week and a half. Way to procrastinate, you guys! Margie

everyone chant:

WE'LL DO IT LATER! WE'LL DO IT LATER! WE'LL DO IT LATER! WE'LL DO IT LATER! WE'LL DO IT LATER! WE'LL DO IT LATER! WE'LL DO IT LATER! WE'LL DO IT LATER! WE'LL DO IT LATER! WE'LL DO IT LATER! WE'LL DO IT LATER! WE'LL DO IT LATER! WE'LL DO IT LATER! WE'LL DO IT LATER! WE'LL DO IT LATER! WE'LL DO IT LATER! WE'LL DO IT LATER! WE'LL DO IT LATER! WE'LL DO IT LATER! WE'LL DO IT LATER! WE'LL DO IT LATER! WE'LL DO IT LATER! WE'LL DO IT LATER! WE'LL DO IT LATER!

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
9/11/12 3:44 p.m.

I can't hear you--too busy trying to catch up on all the crap I've been putting off.

Margie

Per Schroeder
9/11/12 4:32 p.m.

Margie--the correct response is, "Way to procrastinate just like the last 13 years..." :rolleyes:

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/11/12 4:50 p.m.

i haven't been to the challenge since '09, and that makes me sad. i miss you guys.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Reader
9/11/12 4:52 p.m.

I sent in my registration. I will be there sans turbo.

I don't need a turbo to dominate the autocross. That is as long as Mike(King) shows up to drive like he told me he would.

Per Schroeder
9/11/12 4:56 p.m.

Ask Mike if he wants to be one of our expert drivers....I've got Alan, Steve, Danny, myself and possibly Ian Stewart coming. More the merrier!

pimpm3
pimpm3 Reader
9/11/12 4:58 p.m.

I need to call him anyway. I will ask him....

Per Schroeder
9/11/12 5:48 p.m.

Thanks..my last contact number for him was via Mapco--which was years ago.

evildky
evildky Dork
9/11/12 8:06 p.m.
Per Schroeder wrote: You guys always push to the last minute on your entries---and wonder why we're stressed at the event!

I don't wonder why your stressed, I've met us.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
9/11/12 8:09 p.m.
Per Schroeder wrote: Margie--the correct response is, "Way to procrastinate just like the last 13 years..." :rolleyes:

I am considering starting a build for this year.

92CelicaHalfTrac
9/11/12 8:38 p.m.

I'm coming for sure... Entry will be taken care of by Friday, if that's cool?

Per Schroeder
9/11/12 8:41 p.m.

Polar.

GVX19
GVX19 Reader
9/11/12 9:11 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair: I know just how it is

My Nogo is a no show for another year. This moving and living out of a box sucks!

wrenchedexcess
wrenchedexcess New Reader
9/12/12 1:50 a.m.

I am ready this year, after a little engine mishap 2 weeks before last years challenge, I am not going to miss it this time. Even fixed the a/c to keep Bessie nice and cool on the trip. (Still haven't heard the the last of it when the compressor lost it's lunch on the trip back from the '10 challenge.) Forms in, hotel booked, just some odds and ends to finish. Can't wait.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic UltimaDork
9/12/12 7:24 a.m.

I am coming with Also Ran Racing and the Datsun. Next year though the Yugo will be there to dominate the drags (wait that isn't right) .

spin_out
spin_out Reader
9/12/12 7:39 a.m.

Debbie told me she received the entry for our TR7, but I did not see it in Per's list. Are we going to receive confirmation emails?

"4 Fords 1 Mazda 4 Nissans 1 Dodge 1 Toyota 1 Volvo 1 Jeep 1 Saturn 2 BMWs 2 Hondas "..... And 1 Triumph.

We did have Danny Shields autocross our car on Sunday, and he pulled FTD in our TR7. :)
It was about 1/2 a second faster than his Boxster S on Bridgestones.

I'm actually looking forward to see how we stack up against Karl's Alpine. I believe they are both British cars with American motors. Ford vs. Buick.
Oh, we are also learning the "Joys" of Lucas electronics.

Per Schroeder
9/12/12 8:13 a.m.

Yep, we got the Triumph---thanks!

92CelicaHalfTrac
9/12/12 8:31 a.m.

You know, if you took paypal you'd have mine today.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
t13OxNfuysZwJhb2ghsSVwYFgNhPup10tPDR6zKWA5cwDahLBjO5TotyO2SkiOkR